Cozumel Parasailing Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Parasailing cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience the adrenaline rush of flying 600 feet above Cozumel's crystal clear waters.
Member Image KansasEMT
Mar 2014

We were instructed to meet at Aqua Safari Pier, which was a little tricky to find. The complete instructions said it was across from McDonald's - should be easy, right? The McDonald's had since been shut down. Our boat was 20 minutes late, which would not have been a problem except that when it did arrive, a large group of parasailers was also on board. We had 90 minutes to get back to the ship and if each person was going to parasail, we weren't going to make it. Fortunately, only two groups did the parasailing and everybody's experience was cut a little short. Great for time, not so great for getting our money's worth out of the experience. We sailed for about ten to fifteen minutes per group. It was exhilarating. I would have liked to have the opportunity to have pictures, but it's rather difficult to do that high in the air. Other operators always wanted their extra money for pics, but these guys were basically three dudes, a boat, and a parasail. We did make it back to the ship in time, just would have preferred more parasailing time. The other issue is the weight limit: 350 pounds per group. DH and I had to lose a total of 70 pounds just to do the excursion. Other operators don't have such restrictive weight limits.

Read KansasEMT's full Norwegian Jewel cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image u4icmusic
Not Rated
Mar 2013
Great time for our first time parasailing. Don't do the ship tour. It's too expensive and too short. Several places offer parasailing in Cozumel and the views are gorgeous.
Read u4icmusic's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image WooPigCruiser
Jan 2013
Excellent experience, but these excursions were all cash only.
Read WooPigCruiser's full Disney Magic cruise review
Provider: Punta Lacoste
Member Image laxwest
Jan 2013
Awesome. Parasailing guide were great and understood English. Gave us more time up in the air then stated on Web site. Depending on which private company you get, if it is the same one's our group had then I would recommend.
Read laxwest's full Carnival Legend cruise review
Provider: Island Marketing Ltd.
Member Image Guywhotris
Aug 2012
Cozumel was what I expected from a Mexican cruise port. The people were friendly and not overly aggressive. I enjoyed parasailing. The water was different than I expected, but that's because I'd only been to the Carribean before.
Read Guywhotris's full Carnival Triumph cruise review