Cozumel Jeep Tour Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Jeep Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
A Jeep tour is the ultimate way to see Cozumel. Venture off into jungles and isolated terrain for a day full of fresh air and sun.
Member Image Gymnastgurl5659
Mar 2017
Jeep had no working stereo, no rearview mirror. Seats were sopping wet and mildew was growing on the floorboards of the jeep. $113.00 for a 6 hour jeep rental of this caliber was not worth the money. The "excursion" itself was awesome. I recommend renting a car and driving around the city on your own to get a taste of everything at one's own leisure.
Read Gymnastgurl5659's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image courtjester777
Feb 2017
just a great day on the back side of island...beautiful photos
Read courtjester777's full Marina cruise review
Provider: shore excusioneer
Member Image EnviroChick14
Jan 2017
Had a great jeep tour. We had our own jeep and driver and were able to go wherever we wanted. The jeep was a little old and there was a strange policy about the guide not being able to drive from the port, but everything worked out. We did the tequila tour which is nothing more than a place to pressure you into buying their wares. The tour included snorkeling and lunch. Great experience overall!
Read EnviroChick14's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image beechbum530
Jan 2017
good guides and fun experience
Read beechbum530's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image CPABill
Jan 2017
Got to see a number of places on the island. Beach time wasn't long enough.
Read CPABill's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image LarBear
Jan 2017
Nice tour. You get a manual transmission jeep that seats 4, you are lead around by a local driver. You can pick where you want to go, or follow their recommended itinerary. We did the local Maya ruins (small but nice), some time on the wild side of the island (very beautiful, funky beach bars) , Punta Sur lighthouse and museum (worth the visit, but no crocs this trip), shore snorkeling and a very good lunch. Well worth it!
Read LarBear's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Jeep Excursions
Member Image northjerseyguy
Jan 2017
Went to Punta Sur Eco Park at the south end of the island. Combo of ecology, Mayan history, beach time, snorkeling and sight seeing at Lighthouse. We drove our own jeeps, which were provided.
Read northjerseyguy's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mbennett
Dec 2016
Booked outside the cruise line again, and had a wonderful time. Julio with the jeep rider excursions showed us a great time. Tequila tasting, two of the most beautiful beach spots I have every seen and then snorkeling and lunch at a great place. Would love to spend more time in Cozumel.
Read mbennett's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image tysver
Dec 2016
Exited ship, turned left, walked 300 yards, and was at Ernestos Jeep rentals. I had set this up beforehand so had reservations. No problems checking in and getting a jeep (drove like it had 800,000 miles but odometer said 200,000). It was great only one road around the island so really can't get lost. Stopped many times along the way and walked along the shore and had a great time. The eastern side of the island is a must see.
Read tysver's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Ernestos Jeep Rental
Member Image SwtCandi
Dec 2016
This port is absolutely beautiful. Next time, we will get a map and rent a jeep. There is so much to do, and as long as you stay in the recommended areas, you're good.
Read SwtCandi's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image Family wedding
Dec 2016
If you want to test a jeep... This is the wild ride for you!
Read Family wedding's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image reservations4five
Nov 2016
Cozumel is our favorite port. We absolutely love it there. This was the second trip we have booked through a private vendor,http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net. It is $69.00 a person. You get a jeep and a tour guide for the day. (about 6 hours). We were almost an hour late getting off the boat due to a medical emergency, it happens and I hope whomever was involved is ok! Our tour guide, Sergio, was waiting on us with a huge smile. If you need an automatic Jeep, make sure you request it when you make your reservation. We had 2 Jeeps for our party of 6. Our first stop in Cozumel is the Marti Sports store. We have a child that plays soccer and we go there to buy her keeper gear. We left town and went to our first stop, a craftsman's store. He makes the most beautiful hand carved wood and hand painted art. It is a must stop for those who collect authentic art when they travel. We then had a beach stop,then a drink stop at Miami where we had the best margaritas ever. There are local shops to browse at many of the locations. We had lunch that was included in our tour at Tortuga Beach Club. Food was delicious. From there we snorkeled with our personal guide for about 45 minutes. There are many different things you can do on this tour, you can make your own. I can not recommend it enough. Our day is never long enough in Cozumel.
Read reservations4five's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image jjfanoele
Nov 2016
Booked with Cozumel cruise excursions for a private tour (10 members), we were met at the port with 3 Jeeps and headed on our way. Our tour guide was great, the sights they had on the "standard" tour were wonderful as well. I would def. book again with this company.
Read jjfanoele's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Cruise excursions
Member Image Angelo_R
Nov 2016
We rent a jeep from them every visit to see Punta Sur and Chen Rio. Had a slight problem with local police having 6 people in a 5 seat jeep. Rental place said 6 was ok in this jeep.
Read Angelo_R's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Provider: Pacific Sun Rentals
Member Image Lisa9663
Oct 2016
Outstanding!!! Jeep picks you up at Hard Rock. Just me, hubby and driver. Tequila tour was fun and informative. Ride to other side of island beautiful. Lunch with locals EXCELLENT!!! Loved this and would highly recommend. Great day!
Read Lisa9663's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jcmight
Oct 2016
Very good, not taking into account the poor weather. We had open side & back jeeps and the rain blew in sideways through half the drive around the island. The tour people were fine and did a good job. They were there at our meeting place (a block from the ship) and punctual. Lunch was good..wish they had hot chocolate! There were open air shops at the restaurant.
Read jcmight's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions
Member Image nickel1522
Oct 2016
LOVED and will be booking with them again!
Read nickel1522's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image KevinNJoan
Oct 2016
Jeep and Snorkel Adventure (Cozumel Fun Excursions). Skip it. We found the tour guide didn’t seem to want to be there, frustrated.. as if he had the day off and was called in. Definition of what think is included will change as you go… and efforts made throughout to upsell or bring business to specific vendors. Was not a good excursion and would recommend passing on anything by Cozumel Fun Excursions.
Read KevinNJoan's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Fun Excursions
Member Image marbryson
Oct 2016
Our favorite cruise excursion so far. Can't say enough about the Jeeps, the road traveled, the lunch and the beach. I'm a very experienced off road enthusiast (marbryson.com if you're interested) and had a great time on a milder road that didn't require 4x4 but it was advantageous. Beach was awesome, lunch was fantastic.
Read marbryson's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image missydaisy
Sep 2016
Private Jeep tour, Jeep was very old, tour guide was nice but keep telling me that he doesn't get a salary just tips, I wanted to see a blow hole, which he took me to a nice beach which was excellent. Lunch was good, and included, which surprised me. We wanted to go to a tequila factory, he took us to one in town, and the guide was ticked that we didn't give him a tip, the tequila factory we went to, wasn't what we wanted, it was a guy who told us about how his family made the tequila, did give my husband a tasting, then bashing him because he didn't purchase the tequila, screamed at us as we were leaving, also I wanted some black coral, the tour guide took me to some place in the town, and it was coral that was painted black. I got the feeling the tour guide got a kick back from these people. The tour was not 5 hours long, but 4 hours, I feel I didn't get what I paid for, and the tour guide was a little upset that I only tipped him $20.00. But considering that he only took me to one place that I wanted to go, which was the blow hole, then that was a good tip.
Read missydaisy's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Cruise Excurisons
Member Image jsschenone
Sep 2016
Fernando our tour guide was awesome, we had a great time and we learned about the Mayans.
Read jsschenone's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cruiser Bruiser
Sep 2016
Drive your own jeep around Cozumel to visit a crocodile reserve, a lighthouse, and to do some snorkeling from the beach. A fun, relaxing morning.
Read Cruiser Bruiser's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image gonecruising13
Aug 2016
Pedro and Luis were great guides and you get to see a lot of the island while driving your own jeep. My only complaint was that the jeeps were old and not in great shape. Once you get passed that, the actual excursion was fun and informative.
Read gonecruising13's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Prajay
Aug 2016
Dad enjoyed driving a Jeep. Mayan ruins were small, did not see any crocodiles due to noisy maintenance work, snorkelling was good but felt a little rushed. The beach was very nice, and the Mexican buffet (not included in price) was also very good. Complimentary drinks.
Read Prajay's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Justmike33
Jun 2016
Cozumel We initially did not sign up for any Cozumel excursions. But upon arrival and after walking around decided to rent a 4 door Jeep Wrangler and toured the island-What Fun! $116.00 US from Alamo, a reputable rental company. Top up and AC on high, we made stops around the island at beaches and at the Mayan ruins. We ended up at Carlos and Charlies, changed into our swimsuits and enjoyed good food, free beach lounge chairs, umbrellas and the water. The girls went on an inflatable torpedo ride. The water was beautiful. We wanted to shop but around town is a little rough if you catch my drift. Suggestion: Rent a 4 door jeep, take the top down if you want and sight see. It is 45 miles total around the island and it cost us an extra $20 to fill the jeep back up. There are plenty of other jeep renters around you.
Read Justmike33's full Carnival Triumph cruise review