Cozumel Jeep Tour Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Jeep Tour cruise excursion
Overall Rating
A Jeep tour is the ultimate way to see Cozumel. Venture off into jungles and isolated terrain for a day full of fresh air and sun.
Member Image reservations4five
Nov 2016
Cozumel is our favorite port. We absolutely love it there. This was the second trip we have booked through a private vendor,http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net. It is $69.00 a person. You get a jeep and a tour guide for the day. (about 6 hours). We were almost an hour late getting off the boat due to a medical emergency, it happens and I hope whomever was involved is ok! Our tour guide, Sergio, was waiting on us with a huge smile. If you need an automatic Jeep, make sure you request it when you make your reservation. We had 2 Jeeps for our party of 6. Our first stop in Cozumel is the Marti Sports store. We have a child that plays soccer and we go there to buy her keeper gear. We left town and went to our first stop, a craftsman's store. He makes the most beautiful hand carved wood and hand painted art. It is a must stop for those who collect authentic art when they travel. We then had a beach stop,then a drink stop at Miami where we had the best margaritas ever. There are local shops to browse at many of the locations. We had lunch that was included in our tour at Tortuga Beach Club. Food was delicious. From there we snorkeled with our personal guide for about 45 minutes. There are many different things you can do on this tour, you can make your own. I can not recommend it enough. Our day is never long enough in Cozumel.
Read reservations4five's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image jjfanoele
Nov 2016
Booked with Cozumel cruise excursions for a private tour (10 members), we were met at the port with 3 Jeeps and headed on our way. Our tour guide was great, the sights they had on the "standard" tour were wonderful as well. I would def. book again with this company.
Read jjfanoele's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Cruise excursions
Member Image Angelo_R
Nov 2016
We rent a jeep from them every visit to see Punta Sur and Chen Rio. Had a slight problem with local police having 6 people in a 5 seat jeep. Rental place said 6 was ok in this jeep.
Read Angelo_R's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Provider: Pacific Sun Rentals
Member Image Lisa9663
Oct 2016
Outstanding!!! Jeep picks you up at Hard Rock. Just me, hubby and driver. Tequila tour was fun and informative. Ride to other side of island beautiful. Lunch with locals EXCELLENT!!! Loved this and would highly recommend. Great day!
Read Lisa9663's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jcmight
Oct 2016
Very good, not taking into account the poor weather. We had open side & back jeeps and the rain blew in sideways through half the drive around the island. The tour people were fine and did a good job. They were there at our meeting place (a block from the ship) and punctual. Lunch was good..wish they had hot chocolate! There were open air shops at the restaurant.
Read jcmight's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Shore Excursions
Member Image nickel1522
Oct 2016
LOVED and will be booking with them again!
Read nickel1522's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image KevinNJoan
Oct 2016
Jeep and Snorkel Adventure (Cozumel Fun Excursions). Skip it. We found the tour guide didn’t seem to want to be there, frustrated.. as if he had the day off and was called in. Definition of what think is included will change as you go… and efforts made throughout to upsell or bring business to specific vendors. Was not a good excursion and would recommend passing on anything by Cozumel Fun Excursions.
Read KevinNJoan's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Fun Excursions
Member Image marbryson
Oct 2016
Our favorite cruise excursion so far. Can't say enough about the Jeeps, the road traveled, the lunch and the beach. I'm a very experienced off road enthusiast (marbryson.com if you're interested) and had a great time on a milder road that didn't require 4x4 but it was advantageous. Beach was awesome, lunch was fantastic.
Read marbryson's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image missydaisy
Sep 2016
Private Jeep tour, Jeep was very old, tour guide was nice but keep telling me that he doesn't get a salary just tips, I wanted to see a blow hole, which he took me to a nice beach which was excellent. Lunch was good, and included, which surprised me. We wanted to go to a tequila factory, he took us to one in town, and the guide was ticked that we didn't give him a tip, the tequila factory we went to, wasn't what we wanted, it was a guy who told us about how his family made the tequila, did give my husband a tasting, then bashing him because he didn't purchase the tequila, screamed at us as we were leaving, also I wanted some black coral, the tour guide took me to some place in the town, and it was coral that was painted black. I got the feeling the tour guide got a kick back from these people. The tour was not 5 hours long, but 4 hours, I feel I didn't get what I paid for, and the tour guide was a little upset that I only tipped him $20.00. But considering that he only took me to one place that I wanted to go, which was the blow hole, then that was a good tip.
Read missydaisy's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Cruise Excurisons
Member Image jsschenone
Sep 2016
Fernando our tour guide was awesome, we had a great time and we learned about the Mayans.
Read jsschenone's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Cruiser Bruiser
Sep 2016
Drive your own jeep around Cozumel to visit a crocodile reserve, a lighthouse, and to do some snorkeling from the beach. A fun, relaxing morning.
Read Cruiser Bruiser's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image gonecruising13
Aug 2016
Pedro and Luis were great guides and you get to see a lot of the island while driving your own jeep. My only complaint was that the jeeps were old and not in great shape. Once you get passed that, the actual excursion was fun and informative.
Read gonecruising13's full Norwegian Escape cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image Prajay
Aug 2016
Dad enjoyed driving a Jeep. Mayan ruins were small, did not see any crocodiles due to noisy maintenance work, snorkelling was good but felt a little rushed. The beach was very nice, and the Mexican buffet (not included in price) was also very good. Complimentary drinks.
Read Prajay's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Justmike33
Jun 2016
Cozumel We initially did not sign up for any Cozumel excursions. But upon arrival and after walking around decided to rent a 4 door Jeep Wrangler and toured the island-What Fun! $116.00 US from Alamo, a reputable rental company. Top up and AC on high, we made stops around the island at beaches and at the Mayan ruins. We ended up at Carlos and Charlies, changed into our swimsuits and enjoyed good food, free beach lounge chairs, umbrellas and the water. The girls went on an inflatable torpedo ride. The water was beautiful. We wanted to shop but around town is a little rough if you catch my drift. Suggestion: Rent a 4 door jeep, take the top down if you want and sight see. It is 45 miles total around the island and it cost us an extra $20 to fill the jeep back up. There are plenty of other jeep renters around you.
Read Justmike33's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Provider: Alamo Rental
Member Image Davem@nowkitchens.com
Jun 2016
Tequila tour then drive a jeep? Good time and good food, the jeep was a beater, though.
Read Davem@nowkitchens.com's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image DavenMarz
Apr 2016
Tequila tasting was really good.
Read DavenMarz's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Cruisingisfunforall
Apr 2016
We had a good time, We went snorkeling, then to a wildlife park, went up a light house, saw some ruins and a crocodile, Had an ok lunch (which was included) then we went to a tequila factory, the guide at the factory was very funny and entertaining, you can get as many samples as you like, then we went to a chocolate factory that made the most delicious pure chocolate as well as flavored ones (my fav was the chilli and coffee) and a local grocery store to buy items at a decent price (vanilla extract).
Read Cruisingisfunforall's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Provider: Cozumel Cruise Excursions Private Jeep Tour
Member Image CrashMatt4545
Apr 2016
Drove ourselves around. Will do this again.
Read CrashMatt4545's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image primepretty
Mar 2016
Had a blast, was a little late getting back, and the hood of our jeep flew up while we were driving so that was scary.
Read primepretty's full Carnival Valor cruise review
Read jenb1847's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image Beeki
Dec 2015
In Cozumel we went with Cozumel Cruise Excursions – not a RCCL excursion. They do snorkeling tours and jeep tours. I wrote and asked the owner if the snorkeling would work for my hubbie as he gets pretty seasick on small boats. Owner suggested jeep tour instead and we ended up with JJ Guiterrez as our tour guide and he was one of the highlights of the trip. He drove the jeep and we explained what we wanted to do. One thing they do is make a tequila stop and if you are still reading this, you know that was not for us. I told JJ what we wanted and we got it! He took my husband to a place where they could enter the water from the shore and I could lounge by the beach. Win –Win! He took my husband away from the crowds and dove down to point things out or to take pictures. They were out there for a long time until my half marathon runner husband said he was exhausted. We were totally on our own time schedule. JJ then took us to some Mayan Ruins and a beautiful lighthouse which again, had a place for me to lounge and watch the waves crash into the rocks. Win-Win! Our tour ended with an authentic Mexican meal at a restaurant on the beach that is totally powered with solar and wind. All of this personal service – including the meal and water along the way – was a total of $138.00 for both of us. We tipped well as we have no idea how the guides make much money other than in tips. We ran into other jeeps from this company which made me feel very comfortable with the company and I knew if we had jeep trouble there were plenty from the same company to help us out. My husband is ready to go back and ready for JJ to be our guide again! My husband said over and over it was the best day of the cruise for him and that was all Cozumel Cruise Excursions and JJ's doing!
Read Beeki's full Independence of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cowboybooth
Aug 2015
Hired a private Jeep driver who took us around the island, snorkeling ,light house, where turtles nest on beach, alligator, seaside restaurant, chocolate factory and tequila factory.
Read cowboybooth's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Member Image justinrhibbard
Aug 2015
We did a private jeep tour through Cozumel Cruise Excursions, and it was awesome. While they have a suggested itinerary, they will do pretty much whatever you like, which was perfect for our family of 5 (3 small children). We went snorkeling, climbed the lighthouse, tried coconut milk and fresh mojitos, tasted tequila, and did some shopping. Yared, our tour guide, was so friendly and awesome. He even stayed later with us beyond our allotted time. He was so good with the kids, friendly, and it really made our stay in Cozumel wonderful.
Read justinrhibbard's full Carnival Victory cruise review
Member Image SAtravel
Aug 2015
Very nice! We snorkelled, visit the Mayan ruins and did a Tequila tasting. That was all we had time for!
Read SAtravel's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Provider: Not sure
Member Image Donna D
Aug 2015
Was OK it was included with the tequila tasting and a snorkel. Short walk from the pier to the jeep had to share with another couple so off we drove one of the other jeeps broke down so there went a half hour of our time. Stopped at some area by a beach I'm guessing to buy souvenirs ugggh another waste of time. then to the beach to snorkel that water was so clear and beauuutifulll. Area was a little rocky but it was something to do next time I will just hang out at the beach or go for some dinner
Read Donna D's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review