Cozumel Jeep Tour Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Cozumel Shore Excursions > Jeep Tour

A Jeep tour is the ultimate way to see Cozumel. Venture off into jungles and isolated terrain for a day full of fresh air and sun.

PeachAero

1 review

Jeeps and Tequila tour in Cozumel. Very hot but still fun. Learned everything we needed to know about tequila and then some. Always look for 100% agave on the bottle. If you shake it and it foams, it's not 100% agave. 100% agave does not need extra sugar. Sugar causes the foam. We left the Mayan village and headed to Punta Sur beach. It was beautiful and very peaceful. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say 6. Probably wouldn't do it again.

dmt1967

This was overall a great tour. Lorenzo was our guide - he was very fun and playful. It is was nice being able to see the whole island. You must know this is NOT a pick up at the port! They meet you there but there is brisk walk to get to the location where the jeeps are. probably 1/2 mile. So be prepared to walk. The jeeps are adequate. Our vinyl roof was torn so while we sat in the back seat, our heads were whipped with the torn piece. We held it most of the way. They need to omit the Mayan Replica - it is a joke. You stop along the main road to get out and see a tiny replica of a Mayan temple and learn its history.

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

CSHaydt

1 review

The tour was nice but i wouldn't recommend it. 1st - the jeep was in poor condition. 2. they advised us to drive in a way were not comfortable with, with our child in the back. 3. They didn't advise us upfront we would not be able to swim in the ocean and we were suppose to have 90 minutes of beach time. 4. They tried to up sell us tequila at the last location. I will say the lunch they provided was fresh and very delicious.

Provider: Disney Cruise Line

wvjlmartin

1 review

We rented a jeep with a tour guide, maybe 6 jeeps total. Drove all around the island. It was very entertaining.

Tobias10

Great way to see the island - we shared a jeep with a German couple that spoke little English - and we do not speak German - we smiled a lot at each other but had a great time with them. He drove so we could sit back and enjoy the scenery. We stopped for lunch of frajitas - good but not great.

Provider: MSC Cruises

trvlwithkids

1 review

Best excursion was with Monty and saw the entire island and had a blast. The jeeps initially looked pretty new but VERY BEAT UP… my seat had a "re-covering" on it so looks new then you sit and the springs were gone and there was a hole in the middle like sitting on a toilet and having you butt fall through the hole! LOL I grabbed a beach towel stuffed it in the hole and sat on the seat and all good. I am actually thinking about buying a wrangler now because this beat up junky one was so much fun.

Beaching It

Very bad! Was supposed to be jeep, snorkel and lunch. No snorkel, no lunch, shortened excursion and same price! We complained and got a refund after a lot of hassle.

cruisingpreacher

1 review

Cozumel - JEEP AND CAVERN EXCURSION - By far the BEST THING I'VE EVER DONE AND WORTH EVERY PENNY! it's $99/Adult. ITS A VERY LONG EXCURSION (7hrs) which is why i wanted to go with Carnival to book...i know i'd be back and they understood the importance of being back to the ship on time - You drive your jeeps to a cavern located on the mainland (25-30min drive) Make sure you can drive stick, or you'll be a passenger. - They do have 1 automatic but thats taken pretty fast. - They take you through the cavern walking then you dive into a cold freshwater cavern. - Bring your own snorkel gear or you'll be renting all the time (in each excursion) and for what you spend in renting, you can buy 2 really good ones at Walmart or your local Scuba store) - When you get to the beach/lunch site after the cavern dive ORDER THE BACON WRAPPED CHEESE STUFFED SHRIMP - HOLY AMAZING!!!!!!! Also get the wings, they will be the best you ever ate - You are there for 2 hours so eat, then relax under a canopy or swim in the amazing beach

gram247

1 review

This was a great tour & not too strenuous. It was a terrific was to see the island and get a taste of local color. The guides were very knowledgeable.

sierratogo

Getting to the jeep was a beating. They make you stand out in the sun to fill out all the forms which could easily be done on board. Took over an hour to do this. Once we got in the jeep, we had fun. It was ok.

liljoe78

1 review

Cozumel was my favorite port. Our excursion was a Jeep & Snorkel tour booked through the cruise line. Nathan was our guide, and I thought he was outstanding. He didn't put up with a bunch of craziness from some of the passengers on the tour with us, which I thought was funny. The company that did the excursion definitely had everything timed out very well. It was fun driving the jeeps around the island, stopping to see a couple of different beaches and areas. I did not participate in the snorkel portion. The area where they were snorkeling was actually close to the port so there were a lot of other boats and people around. I felt that there wouldn't be a lot to see due to the amount of activity. My sister who did do the snorkel confirmed my thought. The port area was large. I felt very safe within the port, and there were a lot of shopping options. I didn't feel hounded by people trying to get me to buy stuff which was nice.

packerfann

1 review

Mini Jeep (small 2 person ATV vehicle) tour, with Snorkeling included. Kids 19,20 have a fun time. It was windy so there was much dust in your eyes!

SouthavenMSCruiser

1 review

A great way to see the island - went to the southern most tip of the island and snorkled and had a great lunch - climed a light hous excellent adventure.

Southern Gal Georgia

1 review

If you get tired of being cooped up on tour buses, this trip is for you!!! Hubby and I had an open topped Jeep 4 by 4 to ourselves, and got to cruise around the island with the music blaring! So liberating!!

roguebug

1 review

Wonderful! Fun, beautiful way to see more than the beach.

cyclenut

The Jeep tour was both very cool and disappointing at the same time. We booked this as a single Jeep and Snorkel tour. When we arrived at the port meeting area it was a hot concrete area with little shade. It was still morning but it was already hot. We filled out waivers and driving forms and then walked for about 10 minutes to the area where we would snorkel. After that was over we headed across the street to the Jeeps. We organized into groups of four and then headed out for what would be several hours. At no time did we do any off-roading. Which was part of what was disappointing. Note also that the jeeps were all manual transmission. Not a problem for me, but a couple of the younger adults were excluded from driving due to this. Our fist stop was what was billed as Mayan ruins. It was ruined alright and it looked old, but it was a single building that was a Mayan house of worship at one time. You could look at it but not much else. We were given a brief lecture and then turned loose. There were people everywhere asking if you wanted a picture with an Iguana or a donkey or someone made up to look like a Mayan. All working for and asking for tips. Vendors were selling things in small shops as well. This stop was a waste of time. Our second stop came after about 20 minutes or so of driving. This was a very nice beach area that included a restaurant and bar just across the road with a great view of the beach. It was already well after 1:00 and people were starting to ask when we were stopping to eat the lunch that was included with the tour. My wife and I went down to the beach and found it to be just spectacular. Warm and clear water, beautiful sand and a very gradual slope. Very nice, but it was a short visit. Time to round up the jeeps and head out again. This is when we noticed the very large mosquitoes. Our next stop was a Tequila factory tour. Apparently mosquitoes like Tequila too because they were here in droves. The guide provided by the factory rushed through the description of how Tequila is made and the group was too large for everyone to hear. It should have been two groups. People were all too anxious to get to the Tequila tasting. I tried three types and was not very impressed, but I don't drink much and had never had Tequila straight up. It was now pushing 4:00 pm and not only were people asking about lunch but were starting to wonder if we would get back to the ship on time. All aboard was at 6:30. We had one more stop to go and that was lunch. Drivers were advised we would be leaving the country roads and heading into the city. We needed to stay close to the car in front to avoid Taxi's and other drivers from breaking up our caravan. We went through some residential areas of Cozumel that did not put the place in the best light. We then drove past an airport and finally stopped for lunch. Apparently the mosquitoes were interested in lunch as well, because they were here too. It was bad enough that when the guide wrapped up our tour he specially asked that we not hold him responsible for the mosquitoes. Lunch was very good with authentic tacos, quesadillas and the like. It was good eating. They also showed up pictures that they took during snorkeling and driving the jeep. They were pretty good and reasonably priced. Two for $20 or one for $15. We bought both.

ravens85

1 review

Cozumel was perfect. It was the fastest getting on and off the ship. The Jeep tour was one of the best times I've had on a vacation. We all got to drive, it took us EVERYWHERE! Through the city streets, back down the alleys, to 3 different beaches! Loved every minute of it.

jeckstein

1 review

We booked the trip via Shoretrips.com. Per instructions, we took a $7 cab ride to El Cid where we boarded a Hummer for about a 20-minute ride to the tour embarkation area. Then we were assigned a Rhino (a two-person jeep) for abut a 3-mile highway trip to the Punta Sur Refuge. The trip was worth it. First we went to a crocodile preserve where we were very close to crocodiles. We also saw an 800-year-old Mayan Temple and an old lighthouse. Before going home, we went to a quiet beach on the refuge where there was snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming available as well as scrumptious guacamole and drinks to purchase.

Srandaz2

The Jeep tour was good - there was alot of driving involved and some of the jeeps need repairs - the food stops during the Jeep excursion were great.

KJade

1 review

The very next day we were in Cozumel and we had booked a Jeep & Tequila excursion through Carnival and we were all really excited about it -- we love drinking tequila at home, especially the good stuff. We had to wait in the Follies lounge for quite a while -- they wanted us there a good hour before our we got off the boat for the tour. It was worth it though! The tour was so, so great and our guides made it a really amazing and memorable time. Adolfo & Nacho (his name was really something close to Inglesia though) were so phemoninal. The group they were with was "Explora Caribe". We had quite a few Jeeps (17 I think) and I thought it must be a hard job to keep everyone together, etc. They were great and fun. We first drove to the "Pee Pee Station" and got to see some of their customs and how they survive -- getting a pale of water from the well, how they build a home, tasting some of their tortillas with this yummy sauce and what I enjoyed most, seeing them make use out of vegetation for so many things. After we finished at the tequila ranch, we headed to the beach. There was a great place with some souvenirs and a restaurant with facilities and a pool. It was located at a nice piece of beach with all the rocks at the waterline. You could go further down a bit and put your feet it where there wasn't all the rocks but it was really nice. The food was so delicious too. We wrapped it up there and headed back to town, did some shopping and got back on the boat.

fatcat12

1 review

Caverns by Jeep & Beach. Having done the XCaret caverns, this one was disappointing. Lots of stairs & stooping to get to the water cavern then too little in float direction. Go this way come back to center, then go that way and back to center. Beach was too far away and they could easily shorten the tour time by going to a beach/resort in Playacar.

pamdway

1 review

We had reserved for horseback riding "on the beach" and were told we could ride on the beach. What they don't tell you is that its not really at the waterfront. Its on the sandy edge of the jungle area where the trail empties out at the side of the beach. So, my life-long dream to ride horses on the beach, galloping along the edge of the water, splashing in the water with my horse, goes unfulfilled. The riding was fun, but not what it was presented as. Also, the "trail" was a series of criss-crossing loops through the same piece of property, about 5-10 acres big. Not much of a jungle trail really.

pamdway

1 review

Cozumel was a fun day, as I said, beautiful beach, white sand, clear water, good food. We spent the day at Mr. Sancho's doing the all-inclusive. The wait staff was very good, responding to our every request for food and drink. The facilities were clean, bathrooms spotless.

schtroumphette

1 review

Great place, very clean, a lots of chairs. Games in the water. 2$/person to use the facilities and 7$/person for the games, kayaks and snorkeling gear. My 4 years old did not pay. The price of the drinks and the food ok. Heated pool. I would recommend this place. Taxi : 13$ to go and 13$ to return. 15 minutes ride. A lots of taxi available at the pier and the beach.

zuk_74

1 review

We really enjoyed this. 4 bars all with food service. We ordered food at 3 of the bars. Not a bad bite anywhere. Will do again. Good beautiful places. Tour guides were native American's so it was easy to understand them.

nofitpitchin

1 review

When we were told it would be $120 for a taxi for our family of 6 to San Gervasio we almost choked. I convinced hubby to go to the Avis booth and just check it out. $80 for the whole day! Whoo Hoo! The Avis guy gave us directions to the ruins and when we got turned around the locals waking around were great at pointing us to San Gervasio. It's a 30 min ride from the port and well worth it. Hubby was nervous about "driving in Mexico" but this is really benign. No big deal and a lot more affordable and fun than hiring a local taxi/van and having someone waiting for you. We cranked up the tunes, had the sea air blowing thru our hair, grabbed some beers on the way from a road side restaurant, it was awesome! Can't say how easy and fun this spontaneous decision was! tip-Bring cash to pay for the rental!

Viggy123

We did a jeep tour and cavern excursion and it was ok. We drove our own jeeps but we went for about 30 min. each way. The jeeps were 2007 and ran ok but the trip was hot. The cavern part was very interesting and the water was fabulous.

Darkwolfe

Cozumel gets called the "Mall of the Western Caribbean" by me and for good reason. Five, yup, I counted, five ships in port that day and I know they've had more. Most of our day was at Chankanaab Park and it was well worth the time. We went over as observers to the dolphin swim while three of our group did the swim. I've already had that experience twice before so did not feel the need to do it this trip. The park is nicely laid out with snorkeling areas, botanical gardens, and places to simply take a load off your feet and enjoy the day if you choose. However, be prepared for an olfactory assault if you must make use of the facilities near the entrance. They looked clean but eau de poo was the best description of the atmosphere within. That was however, the only negative at the park.

pixelwiz

Ok, the idea of the Jeep tour was great. However, you share the Jeep with two other people, and we all wanted to drive, so everyone barely got any time behind the wheel. The actual Jeeps are pretty ran down, some were better than others, ours had different tires on each wheel. No real off-roading, but a few stops. The tour guide was ok, gave us a little history, probably as good as I could expect, though I wish they had a CD in each Jeep that was timed to where you are and would give you some more info, or do it over the radio or something. Also not really enough time to do the tour and shop. My friend loved the snorkeling stop, I don't do that, so I went for another massage there, a little pricier than Jamaica but still like half the ship price. What I really want to do next time is a personal submarine excursion. If I were you, I'd ask your guide to get you back with at least 1-2 hours before you have to leave so that you can go do some shopping if interested.