Kusadasi House of the Virgin Mary Excursion Reviews

Kusadasi House of the Virgin Mary cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Believed to be the dwelling in which Mary lived out her last days, The House of the Virgin Mary has long been a popular visitation site for a variety of pilgrims, including several popes.
Member Image Ahennessy
Very informative
Read Ahennessy's full Wind Star cruise review
Provider: Windstar Cruises
Member Image goldenpirate
Oct 2015
Skip the house of virgin mary unless you are religious.
Read goldenpirate's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Member Image Pegggers
Oct 2015
Our tour started at the house of the Virgin Mary (which is not her house..it is church built where they believe the house was). It was a beautiful experience and I am so glad we got to see it. We then went to the ruins of Ephesus. Amazing and easy to walk (even though it said it was going to be strenuous). Then we were treated to a buffet lunch. Very fresh and very good.
Read Pegggers's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Member Image Rom Com
Sep 2015
Over hyped. Great to see but with limited time-give yourself more time in Ephesus. It is fascinating to think of the idea that Mary lived there though.
Read Rom Com's full Splendour of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Ephesus Shuttle.
Member Image debbieg14
Sep 2015
Just incredible. Scary journey up the mountain. But one of the memories I'll treasure lit a candle and took a mass
Read debbieg14's full Rhapsody of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image tjd59
Sep 2015
I would have been happy skipping this visit. You walk through the house, light a candle if you want and that's it. Some found this a very spiritual experience, I did not.
Read tjd59's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Daily Istanbul Tours-Ephesus
Member Image hawkshoe
Sep 2015
We went to the House of the Virgin Mary. While somewhat interesting, I would have rather skipped this and had more time to explore Ephesus.
Read hawkshoe's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Provider: Ephesus Shuttle
Member Image jannie711
Aug 2015
Wow - an experience of a lifetime that I will never ever forget. It's pretty powerful and quite spiritual place. You will be brought to tears. There's a wishing wall where you can write your wishes. There's also a sacred water well known for curing health issues or helping fertility. Bring along a water bottle you can fill up. Wished I had one with me.
Read jannie711's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image hkaya
Aug 2015
remaking of what is believed to be the house of virgin mary into a tourist destination, I have conflicting feelings about that but I will leave that aside and say if you are religious and virgin mary is of significance to you then you should visit this site.
Read hkaya's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: ephesus shutte
Member Image Dianne O.
Memorable
Read Dianne O.'s full Emerald Princess cruise review
Provider: Princess Cruises
Member Image johnjc14
Jul 2015
just long enough with plenty of information
Read johnjc14's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Provider: cruising excursions
Member Image Nani25
Amazing best tour ever
Read Nani25's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Provider: Ephesus shuttle
Member Image dukerev
Jul 2015
Our tour guide took us exactly where we asked and then some! We enjoyed her professionalism and intimate knowledge of Ephesus, Kusadasi, and the entire area. She guided us through the ruins and even off the beaten path to the Church of St. Mary where we had Holy Communion (I'm a pastor). Then on to the House of the Virgin Mary, which Zeynep again adeptly guided. Her flexibility and knowledge of the area took us to Selkirk for a fantastic (and very reasonable) lunch at the restaurant next door to the carpet weaving institute (run by the Turkish government). We then took a tour of the "factory" and were treated to a private showing of 50-75 rugs!
Read dukerev's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Provider: Viator - Zeynap
Member Image cathswart@tiscali.co.za
Jul 2015
A truly moving experience and a must see. Our guide took us at a time when it wouldn't be too crowded because it can parental get very busy.
Read cathswart@tiscali.co.za's full Splendour of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Ertunga Tours
Member Image Latina55
Jun 2015
such a Holy place, we love it, and bring Holy water home.
Read Latina55's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image Magicdi
Jun 2015
A very spiritual experience. Such a beautiful place that Mary was said to have spent the latter days of her life.
Read Magicdi's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image saletvak
Jun 2015
Incredible to visit and buy holy water
Read saletvak's full Celebrity Equinox cruise review
Member Image Colonel Vatutin
Jun 2015
A deep religious experience.
Read Colonel Vatutin's full Nieuw Amsterdam cruise review
Provider: Holland America Line
Member Image MonaLisa:)
May 2015
I was happy to see it. I added some of the Holy water to my water bottle and drank it. I had a delicious meat pastry for 1L and cappuccino for 5L. Bought evil eye beads for my brother for 9L.
Read MonaLisa:)'s full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image marmac954
May 2015
Great tour, long lines, but the tour bypassed, as she rushed us before crowds arrived. very prompt. Enjoyed it all. Be wary of the carpet tour at the end, don't ask questions at all once you ask, hard to leave.
Read marmac954's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image jolgah
May 2015
This site is very important to Catholics. It is interesting to hear about.
Read jolgah's full Splendour of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Ephesus Shuttle
Member Image Cruise-vacation2015
May 2015
One of the best places we went to on the cruise! House of the Virgin Mary was such a cool place to visit. Even if you aren't religious there is such a important feeling to it and you will get swept up into how amazing this place is
Read Cruise-vacation2015's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image frealan
May 2015
A waste of time. Ok - it's historically important, probably, but of no interest to non-Christians. And very busy. Couldn't avoid this as it was part of the tour, but I wouldn't have chosen to go there.
Read frealan's full Celebrity Constellation cruise review
Provider: Viator
Member Image Stormgirl2014
Sep 2014
We didn't spent very long here but we enjoyed seeing it.
Read Stormgirl2014's full Norwegian Spirit cruise review
Member Image luhning
Not Rated
Jun 2014

We were enlightened with the history of this site, and will cherish the ceramic bottles in which we put the holy water in.

Read luhning's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review