Kusadasi Carpet Weaving Excursion Reviews

Home > Member Reviews > Kusadasi Shore Excursions > Carpet Weaving

Visit a rug maker or a hub of markets and bazaars to find out about the meticulous, local craft for which Kusadasi is famous: carpet weaving.

bjrivers

1 review

Interesting but at about £3K a carpet not for most.

olsense1

1 review

Educational and great people.

CondorX2

1 review

we found the timing a bit long, because then we did not have enough time to shop and bargain in the Bazaar. Everything was expensive.

Provider: Princess Cruises

CarolinaCruiser85

I enjoyed learning about silk weaving and carpet weaving. I am in sales but I still thought the owner was too pushy with the carpets. They are beautiful but I would have like more time at the ruins.

cocomoe18

1 review

very interesting actually - they obviously have tourists all the time but I did learn abit too. No wonder these carpets are so expensive as they are very labour intensive .. and we had a nice snack of fruit and pasties with apple cider. Needless to say they were wanting to sell sell sell - so if you arent in the market - they go to the next person.

Provider: Princess Cruises

Surfari1

Very interesting

Provider: Holland America Line

HickoryShampoo

1 review

Carpets are nice, but not worth the thinly-veiled sales pitch. Utter waste.

Kellie Poodle

We had a lovely lunch here that was included in our tour price. We very much enjoyed learning about the weaving process and materials used. The method of making silk was fascinating. The carpets were lovely and the hospitality was gracious, but we were not in the market to purchase. Still, it was a treat to see the carpets and how the colors changed in the light.

Budlight2012

1 review

Great tour but would have skipped the carpet weaving demonstration at the end to venture out to the town before heading back to boat. Still had time afterwards to have a drink on the pier though.

Provider: Royal Caribbean International

vs8864

Not that interesting. Very sales-oiented with very pushy and persuasive sales people.

mokopuna2

This was something very new to me and I found it fascinating. The owner of the business was great allowing my wife to try tying the knots and when the weaver had done a few more rows it was obvious which knots my wife had done. It is a lot more difficult then it looks. We were shown many examples of the carpets which were lovely but we were no in the market to but any. The owner was not pushy trying to make a sale and even gave us a coffee before we left.

DonRobertoSanJuan

Was setup to sell you carpets. Weaving demonstration interesting.

explore4ever

The beginning was interesting. As the demonstration progresses, it became an elaborate sales pitch. We found that anti-climatic after such a fabulous visit to the Terrace Houses.

Provider: Regent Seven Seas Cruises