Cozumel Horseback Riding Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Horseback Riding cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Experience a ride on these beautiful creatures across beaches, trails, and terrain; guides show you through Cozumel's most scenic routes.
Member Image britad88
Sep 2016
We went to an inclusive resort and had a great time. I didn't really enjoy the horseback riding though. The pictures on the website looked beautiful. I was expecting to be on the beach the whole time. We were going through a jungle-ish type of area most of the time with puddles and mud. Everytime we got to a puddle of mud, the horse slowed down as if it didn't want to go, and the tour guide gave us sticks to spank it with to make it speed up. I felt really sad doing that. I couldn't enjoy myself while feeling so bad for the poor horse. Other than that, we spent the day at the resort with an all you can eat buffet and drinks. That was the only REAL food I had on that entire vacation.
Read britad88's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Mr. Sanchos
Member Image mansf0912
Sep 2016
awesome but this is a place where you need to bring a bottle of water and small bills to buy stuff/tip because they will not give you change without buying
Read mansf0912's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Member Image lovetokickbox
May 2016
Good time with Patu our guide. Very good instructions and fun experience
Read lovetokickbox's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image RixterNC
Aug 2015
Great guides, horses seemed very well taken care of. Nice tour that included a beach stop after the ride. Note this is not a ride in the water on horses, but rather a ride through the "jungle" where you can see some small mayan artificats and a little history. The tour group was very professional and took good care of us! I found it a nice alternative to shopping and/or going to the beach.
Read RixterNC's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Member Image jgshively
Mar 2015

The actual horseback riding part was good, but only lasted about 45 minutes. Then they took us to a tourist trap where we had to wait for about 30 minutes. Then it was on to the "beach break" which was advertised as time to spend on the beach. We only got 45 minutes and it was during lunch time so all we really had time for was to get lunch at the only restaurant there. So after the horseback riding, it was more of an exercise if them taking you places to get you to spend money. Not enjoyable.

Read jgshively's full Celebrity Reflection cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image vv3104
Not Rated
Feb 2015

We took the horseback riding 'Mayan Frontier' excursion at the Hacienda Santa Emilia. This was great! The guides were friendly, emphasized safety and fun, offered quite a bit of interesting details/information about the various sites on the trail, and made every effort to meet the expectations/needs of each participant, regardless of the level of previous horseback riding experience. The horses were selected based on our previous experience and, based on the trail ride, each horse was well chosen!
While there are plenty of opportunities to shop for souvenirs, there did not seem to be any pressure sails and the prices were fair and comparable to other locations (maybe even a little better). The staff was very friendly and eager to please!

Read vv3104's full Norwegian Epic cruise review
Provider: Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Image sdm23669
Sep 2014

I booked horseback ride and trip to an eco resort/beach excursion hoping to see a beautiful private beach area along with the fun of horseback riding. I hadn't rode a horse in years and I must say it was a lot more work than I remember. That being said it was probably 75% of this excursion, mostly due to the time it took to get to the ranch and get everyone saddled up. There were 20 of us in our group and only 2 people getting us ready to go, it was probably at least 30-45 minutes of instructions and getting ready to go. The other part to know about this is it is a horseback ride on a trail at this ranch. You are riding for about 30-40 minutes, then you go back to the ranch and take a bus ride over to a small private restaurant and beach area. I had hoped to have more time at that location but the way it is set up you have 45-50 minutes there and that's it. You do get to see a bus ride of pretty much the whole island and it does allow a little bit of time for you to grab a cab upon getting back to the port to get to town to do some quick shopping. They bring you all the way back to the port though from the excursion. The beach was beautiful and the food at the restaurant good, there just wasn't enough time for this part of the tour. I am glad I experienced it but it isn't something I would do a second time.

Read sdm23669's full Vision of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Melindave
Jan 2014

One of the activities at Eco Park Adventure. Disappointing figure eight ride repeated several times. Not worth it.

Read Melindave's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Provider: Carnival Cruise Line
Member Image underr-the-seaaa
Aug 2013

SO MUCH FUN but it rained...

Read underr-the-seaaa's full Disney Fantasy cruise review
Provider: Disney Cruise Line
Member Image SunFun&HappyPlaces
reviews
Sep 2012
Our guide was good, the wrangler with us was good. My husband hadn't ridden before, ever. I had not ridden in a long time, and anxious to see if I could do all right after recovering from a back injury (years prior), as was my girl friend who came with us. They matched up the horse's personality with the rider's skill very well, we all had a great time, and it was a beautiful excursion to take. I think most people who enjoy being in nature would enjoy this one.
Read SunFun&HappyPlaces's full cruise review
Provider:
Member Image stoplightmakeupartist
Feb 2012
Horseback riding was fun, but we thought we would be more in the jungle as opposed to on a private ranch. We did see many Mayan ruins, which was very cool, and the tour guide was great.
Read stoplightmakeupartist's full Voyager of the Seas cruise review