Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Cozumel's dolphin programs bring cruisers up close and personal with the affectionate creatures. Enjoy interacting with the dolphins as you become one with their habitat.
Member Image Algebralovr
Dec 2015
The dolphins reminded me of puppies - in that they seemed happy to play and enjoyed their fish treats.
Read Algebralovr's full Celebrity Silhouette cruise review
Provider: Celebrity Cruises
Member Image Aturnee
Dec 2015
Fun with the Dolphins but too little time for other activities.
Read Aturnee's full Norwegian Dawn cruise review
Member Image jp0011
loved it!
Read jp0011's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image Camirol
Dec 2015
The experience of swimming/riding the dolphins at Dolphinaris is amazing! However, be prepared for sticker shock with photos etc. Nothing but the swim and food/drinks is included. Other than the pricing for all the little incidentals, we had a great experience and great time.
Read Camirol's full Carnival Conquest cruise review
Member Image Allie67
Dec 2015
Be sure if you book the swim with any of the animals that you are in a place you can hear any announcements. I was sure I had checked my watch when we checked in to make sure we were on the same time but obviously not! I thought we were going to be early for her swim but in fact, we were 15 late! She joined anyway because it would have been another hour before she could join the next one. It was a wonderful experience and she LOVED it!
Read Allie67's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image mujerlinda
Dec 2015
Book the VIP dolphin encounter! It is definitely worth it to get locker/towel, unlimited drinks from your own bartenders, a menu for food instead of a buffet, an infinity pool apart from the crowds...
Read mujerlinda's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Member Image corgichlover
Nov 2015
The ad for this trip is very misleading. The actual swim time with the dolphin is only a few minutes -- not the 40 minutes as listed. Be advised that there is a $14 fee for renting a locker. Have someone with you so they can hold your personal belongings. No video or pictures are allowed but if one goes a big further back and has a nice camera they can take pictures. There is a rip-off where the locals will try to sell you photos on a CD for an exorbitant price -- just say no and start to walk away and they will slowly bring the price down.
Read corgichlover's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image lakemj
Nov 2015
Here's a good tip. Don't buy the photos from the dolphin encounter. They will keep coming down in price. They started off asking for $40 per photo and ultimately offered both CDs for $40.
Read lakemj's full Carnival Paradise cruise review
Member Image shawnwhittaker
Nov 2015
great for the kids. a lot of other things to do at the beach after the dolphins. however, the photos are really expensive, you can't take your own pictures, , and then they push the photos on you, you can bargain them down though. i got the entire cd with all pictures for the amount they told me for a few pictures originally. transportation is cheap which is great. after spending all of the money on the dolphins and pictures
Read shawnwhittaker's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image moonlight777
Nov 2015
Dolphinaris, booked with cruise ship. Best excursion by far. We were met at ship, transported to Dolphinaris where we were taken by a group to the dolphin pool. Some of us swam with the dolphins but the encounter was just as nice. After a great lunch & drinks, we kayaked and used the paddleboards. We did not have to leave at any given time. We toured Cozumel then returned for one more drink before they transported us back to the ship. The photos can seem a bit expensive but they will give you a deal. Staff was very friendly.
Read moonlight777's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image Momma 2317
Oct 2015
The actual swim was wonderful. Our trainer was very knowledgeable and patient in working with both the dolphin and us. It was a once in a life time experience. Purchasing a locker was not needed as our valuables were kept in a locker that was near us in the pool. The lunch left something to be desired. The pictures from the experience were expensive. I would have paid the cost just to do nothing but the swim with the dolphins. Great experience.
Read Momma 2317's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image Karin Wisdom
Sep 2015
Enjoyed swimming with the dolphins....staff very accommodating to my 7 grandchildren. 3 of the younger ones were afraid and ended up not participating but the people working with us were very encouraging and patient.
Read Karin Wisdom's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image DerekB
Aug 2015
This was a very well organized tour and we really enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun interacting with the dolphins. Only negative is you cannot bring your own camera and the photos are extremely overpriced. We were thankfully able to haggle them down by nearly half.
Read DerekB's full Oasis of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Royal Caribbean International
Member Image MrChocoholic
Aug 2015
Certainly on the expensive side with inedible food (except the watermelon) but who REALLY goes there to eat? Not us. Esparta was the name of our dolphin and in short...I fell in love. I can not remember the name of one bartender, waiter or steward on Carnival Elation but the name of that dolphin will live with me forever. She and I shared a moment that could only be called "magical." Her skin was so smooth and her fins so strong, how could I resist her charms? The slight hint of herring on her breath was a heady perfume to my love-struck nostrils. Oh Esparta, your laugh, your smile, your blowhole farts enchanted me. I shall miss and dream of you for eternity.
Read MrChocoholic's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image CB from Texas
Aug 2015
This was the BEST!! The feet push by the Dolphins was so much fun! Would highly recommend to anyone!!
Read CB from Texas's full Navigator of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Dolphin Discovery
Member Image lhc2266
Jul 2015
Great dolphin experience, and my son loved swimming with the dolphins. We had a bit of a glitch with upgrading my son's package. Carnival came through, and helped me sort it all out in the end.
Read lhc2266's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image Wakie0
Jul 2015
I had an amazing time swimming with Linco. They don't allow you to take pictures, but will sell you the ones they take. They charge you $14 for a locker. My excursion included all you can eat or drink. The food is fine, but the mixed drinks were bad. They have a little area where you can snorkel which is great for kids. There was a long wait to kayak.
Read Wakie0's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Member Image jenchap418
This was a great excursion!! Definitely worth the $$
Read jenchap418's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image KimBernal
Jul 2015
Loved the swim with the dolphins @ $149 and then $50 for my husband to tag along and watch. The price includes a buffet (it was not any good) and then they try to sell you the photos they took of you with the dolphin at $25 a photo and a minimum of 3. Glad we had our own camera.
Read KimBernal's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image hawkman000
Jul 2015
Great fun food just okay
Read hawkman000's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image stlgreg
Jul 2015
Cozumel offered some good downtown shopping. We took a cab to downtown the a cab from downtown to the dolphin park. photo prices at the park were if you want pictures on CD they are 70 per person in the pictures. If you want a picture to talk with you then its 40 per person in the pitcure. There are other things i would have loved to have seen in Cozumel but thats what future cruies are for right?
Read stlgreg's full Freedom of the Seas cruise review
Provider: Chankankab Park
Member Image unleadedchrome
Jun 2015
Super efficent and professional activity, will remember for a lifetime
Read unleadedchrome's full Carnival Magic cruise review
Member Image dntgobime
Jun 2015
Dolphin swim was awesome...food was average at best
Read dntgobime's full Carnival Elation cruise review
Member Image wflcommissioner
Jun 2015
Would like to have booked independently, but when dealing with the facility, they would not allow a booking directly if you were with a cruise line. Therefore, we had to book the cruise through Carnival. The experience was great for our grandchildren. We only did the Dolphin Encounter vs. Swim w/Dolphins, etc. As everyone has stated, the pictures were absolutely outrageously priced. I read several reviews saying you could negotiate the prices. Either I'm a terrible negotiator, or they weren't budging that day, but I did not find that to be true. The food was okay which was included with the package. It was a very good experience overall.
Read wflcommissioner's full Carnival Ecstasy cruise review
Member Image jl737
Jun 2015
Most highly recommended! We went to a nearby beach park and got to play with the Dolphins. They lifted us up in the air with their noses and pulled us on their fins. We also saw a seal show, went to the water, had a massage on the beach, and had a mini private tour around the gardens with a man working in the park. We also had a lunch buffet included with the package.
Read jl737's full Carnival Glory cruise review