Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter Excursion Reviews

Cozumel Dolphin Swim & Encounter cruise excursion
Overall Rating
Cozumel's dolphin programs bring cruisers up close and personal with the affectionate creatures. Enjoy interacting with the dolphins as you become one with their habitat.
Member Image bonriki62
Sep 2016
This was the highlight of our shore excursions. It was absolutely amazing to have the opportunity to swim and interact with such an intelligent and expressive animal.
Read bonriki62's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Matlily
Sep 2016
Did the VIP Dolphin swim and encounter fully inclusive with menu and pool area bar etc was very good, needed more time there, its not enough to do everything.
Read Matlily's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image dbsattv
Aug 2016
Loved the dolphin encountered and the snorkeling area. Pictures way to expensive.
Read dbsattv's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image tonysmuzik
Aug 2016
family had a blast having close encounters and riding the dolphins. Close to the pier so easy access from ship.
Read tonysmuzik's full Carnival Triumph cruise review
Member Image tinakonomos
Aug 2016
This was definitely an experience that I would go on again! Becky, our dolphin trainer was VERY informative and I loved the interaction with them. The photo prices were rather expensive, I paid $40 for one. However, I was able to purchase online at a much cheaper rate ($45 for 3) when I got home.
Read tinakonomos's full Carnival Dream cruise review
Member Image Nat_03
Aug 2016
The experience was great with the dolphins. The trainers and the dolphins were sweet and it was a great experience. The snorkeling also was a great time, even if it was 10 minutes, it was good to see the underwater life going around. Now my only concern was the booking of the kayaks and paddleboards. My family's experience was not good. We booked with the guy in the kiosk for a 2:30pm kayak session. When they were calling the group to go to the 2:00pm, we asked if we fell into that session and they said to wait there. Mind you, we've been waiting since 12:30. Time passes by and it is almost 3:15pm when we realize the time we had to get on the boat. We asked one of the workers why hasn't our group been picked up to kayak and they stated that they already called the group. So we wasted TWO hours, going to THREE waiting for our kayaking session for them to tell us we missed it. On top of that, we confronted the supervisor and he ended up being the one who signed us up. He stated we WEREN'T THERE. Not only did he call us liars but we paid to get the full experience and we didn't. Rip off and extremely unprofessional.
Read Nat_03's full Carnival Glory cruise review
Awesome ! Awesome! Awesome! We did the royal dolphin swim and it was amazing
Read Mmj326's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image Webmommy
Jul 2016
I wanted to do this for the children and they had such a great time. Be forewarned. If you don't take towels or want your valuables protected, you will pay $20 USD for a locker and two towels (I went without a towel so the kids could have one). The packages for the video and photos are almost all over $200. You cannot use your camera. I was tossed by a wave while snorkeling and my foot was torn open quite badly. They did have first aide there and did their best to help, although the rest of my vacation was overshadowed by this injury. Walking was painful and difficult. First aide on the ship is nonexistent unless you pay $100 to see a doctor. You can't even get a bandaid. I would take a first aide kit if I ever cruise again.
Read Webmommy's full MSC Divina cruise review
Provider: MSC Cruises
Member Image Starlicious88
Jul 2016
Cozumel: All Inclusive Dolphin Swim This. Was. An. Amazing. Experience. You get so much time with the dolphins and the opportunity to learn so much. However, if you aren't prepared to spend some money, you probably won't have any photographic evidence. They don't allow cameras in to the excursion, and every interaction with the dolphin is a photo op. Then after the swim, they let you see these awesome photos, knowing full well this is the only tangible memory of this amazing event. Therefore, they charge you an exorbitant amount for photos. I was wrongly told that you can haggle the price down by walking away. However, the lady we had showing us the photos played hardball. The lowest price we were offered was $100 for a DVD and a bunch of pictures of the excursion. That was still too much in my book. I would have paid $40 for a lot less -- the three pictures on a CD, but she wasn't hearing that (they were charging $75 for those three pictures, btw). We made a move to walk away and she called our bluff. So we don't have pictures. Boo. The food here was super gross and not vegetarian friendly. Rice, beans, and chips on an outdoor buffet that was plagued by flies and slow food-fixers. I was seriously behind a man that appeared to be ladling out the beans one at a time. Bland bland bland. There was snorkeling and other activities at the Dolphin place, but my husband was snorkeled out, so we left.
Read Starlicious88's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image Cruise-mom
Jun 2016
We did the Royal Swim and it was fantastic. Cozumel port area shopping is the best value on this itinerary.
Read Cruise-mom's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Provider: Dolphin Discovery/Chankanaab
Member Image LLAJH@TEXASBB.COM
Jun 2016
The dolphin encounter was well worth the money but they get you with the price of pictures. Great park with the best snorkeling.
Read LLAJH@TEXASBB.COM's full Carnival Freedom cruise review
Provider: Chankanaab Park
Member Image luv2scrapbk
Jun 2016
The dolphin swim and manatee interaction at the Eco-park was ok. Being able to swim with a dolphin was a neat experience but felt like an assembly line of tourists. The dolphins' noses were even white/pink from all the pushing/swimming with tourists every day. The manatee interaction was brief and you couldn't hear what the trainer was saying as he was at one end of the line with a group of 20 other people. The dolphin swim pictures were very expensive $280 for a cd or $40 for one picture. The staff then reduced the cost of the cd to $160 but that is still too expensive. Eco-park itself was nice and had lots to explore/see.
Read luv2scrapbk's full Empress of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Robin101
May 2016
I can't say much specifically about the Dolphin Encounter because I only went along as a chaperone for teens. What I can say is that this was an excellent excursion in as much as the park was phenomenal. There is so much to see and do there which wasn't advertised on the excursion list. It has a stunning beach with chairs etc. included. There is a forest with Mayan ruins, sculptures, and exhibits. They have ziplining (get it over with here for a cheaper price), alligators, and much, much more. A pleasant surprise.
Read Robin101's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image mikeb2016
May 2016
Dolphinarius great. A lot is included for the money. We chose to do the Dolphin swim in Mexico do to the other great reviews The reviews were not as good for the Dolphin shows in Jamaica in my personal opinion. PS. The photos are expensive but all in all its well worth it. PSS. Don't waste your money on the lockers you will have a place to store your personals right next to where you will swim with the Dolphins
Read mikeb2016's full Allure of the Seas cruise review
Member Image Ded0823
May 2016
Great Dolphin facility and great fun.
Read Ded0823's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image dwormanc
Blast
Read dwormanc's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image ougirl69
May 2016
The highlight of our trip was the VIP Dolphin Encounter & Swim at Dolphinaris. It was worth every $$$. Cannot recommend this excursion enough. I wish I could give it 100 stars!
Read ougirl69's full Carnival Breeze cruise review
Member Image GreatEscape2015
Apr 2016
Beautiful resort with some excellent dolphin trainers. Interacting with the dolphins was very enjoyable and educational. It was one thing to hear how intelligent dolphins are but another thing to experience it directly. Be prepared to pay some premium Pesos for their photos of your swim. The costs for these extras was price gouging at it's best, or worst.
Read GreatEscape2015's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image AVLTravelers
Apr 2016
The time with the dolphin was about 40 mins. Great experience. Have always wanted to do this. Riding "Helena" across the pool was exciting to say the least. You don't need to rent a $14 locker, just put your shoes, towel & bag in the storage bench next to the water. The facility was very clean and nice. Included lunch buffet & drinks, food was just OK, but I was there to ride a dolphin! They video and take photos of the time you are in the water, you can't have your own "person" do it. The cost for 8 photos was $125, they had other packages available. I would have bought more if I had taken my credit card or more cash. The photos are priceless to me!
Read AVLTravelers's full Norwegian Star cruise review
Member Image jjfanoele
Mar 2016
We booked online prior to our cruise and got a great Black Friday deal. The weather in Cozumel really put a damper on this experience. We had 44 mph wind gusts and about 4 ft waves, so the water conditions were pretty bad. The trainers and dolphins were amazing, a truly once in a lifetime experience. With the water conditions we just got beat up against the fencing in the tanks and it should have been cancelled
Read jjfanoele's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Provider: Dolphin Discovery
Member Image Cruzonaround
Mar 2016
It as a windy day so the beach was closed. The dolphin experience was great but it was over in 45 minutes since the beach was closed. Therefore, I didn't feel like we got a good value. The people selling the photos were also very pushy!
Read Cruzonaround's full Norwegian Jade cruise review
Member Image jpantonini
Mar 2016
Nice time with the dolphins. It was all a little disjointed at first, but once we got into our group with the dolphins it was great. Don't rent a locker - you can put your stuff down by the dolphin pool anyway. They put us in groups of 10-12 to meet two dolphins for 45 minutes - it was a nice long time with them including the ride. The pools feel a little small. We had done something similar in the Bahamas years ago and the pool was a lot bigger and you got to be pushed through the water too, which we did not do here - the ride was holding onto the dolphin's fins while it swam on its back. But overall good interaction. Once we were done with the dolphins you can buy photos - that's expensive - $125 for 8 photos. You cannot bring your own camera down so if you want a memory you gotta pay - not crazy about that, but I can also see if would be a problem having lots of people with cameras down in the water. The excursion included all you can eat food and drinks including alcohol - can be a really good deal if you partake of the bar! They also offered snorkeling and kayaking. Kayak riders had to be 15 so our kids missed out, but snorkeling was fun. They have a pretty small area but it's roped off so the larger fish and rays stay in and there are plenty of fish and rays - it worked out to be a nice snorkeling venue. If you have it, bring your own snorkel and mask though, their gear is very basic and guarantees water in the mouth. Food was nothing to write home about, but it all goes down fine with a Corona, tequila shot or margarita anyway.
Read jpantonini's full Norwegian Getaway cruise review
Member Image errhead1981
Mar 2016
We loved interacting with the dolphins, being able to kiss, touch and ride them and rub their bellies. The buffet was ok, but i thought there would be more of an actual seafood selection. The little place they have for snorkeling was really cool with the stingrays and all of the different types of fish. I limed having our pictures taken with the dolphins too. I would definitely go back some time.
Read errhead1981's full Liberty of the Seas cruise review
Member Image cougar65
Feb 2016
alexzy was our trainer. he was fun and knowledgeable. he gave us an excellent experience. neither my husband and i can swim and were hesitant, but this proved the best experience for us. the dolphin experience is a little cheaper than the dolphin swim and you dont have to ride on the back of the dolphin. you just get in the water and pet the dolphin, which was fine with us. you are in the water for 40 minutes and so you spend a pretty good amount of time interacting with the dolpins.
Read cougar65's full Carnival Elation cruise review