Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > KellidanCruisers's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Dominica, Aruba, Curacao

KellidanCruisers's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Dominica, Aruba, Curacao
Carnival Miracle cruise in March 2012
Member Name: KellidanCruisers
Cruise Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: KellidanCruisers's Carnival Miracle Review
Grand Turk
Semi-Sub Expedition Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We took a nice ten minute boat ride to another boat outfitted with a giant windowed basement. Old women commented how safe they felt transferring from boat to boat during pretty good winds. They drove around the reefs and one jumped in scuba gear and fed the fish in front of the windows. They were understandable, knowledgeable, friendly and offered us water throughout. The tour took less than 2 hours and left plenty of time for exploring and shopping the island.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
Dominica
Beach Break Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Never left the dock during our stop at the Dominican Republic (La Romana) and from what I heard during dinner that night from several people, that was a fortunate happenstance. It was a 45 minute boat ride to a private beach with open bar. The vendors were pushy, but it wasnt anything that ruined the day. On the boat ride back they stopped the boat, one guy got out and came out with a starfish the size of a basketball. We then celebrated with Rum and Cokes up to out waist in the middle of nowhere. Recommended.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Aruba
Scuba - Beginner Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I have scuba dove countless times, but I'm not certified. My wife has only gone a couple times, but she really enjoyed it, so she wanted to go. The two girls who ran through training at the pool were helpful and everything was comfortable. We were led to the boat to take us to the dive spot, and we were merged on the boat with three other groups of certified divers. When we got to the dive point, our instructors kind of disappeared. She hadnt assisted 3 out of the 4 people having difficulty in the choppy water, and they had to get back in the boat. My wife convinced me to go without her, so I just kind of joined up with another group.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Curacao
Golfing Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Never went to go, cancelled due to low demand. I feel like golf is one of those things you can accommodate with a taxi anyway, but they must have had discounts or something preventing their cost effectiveness of customer service. They reserve the right to cancel, and I reserve the right to be disappointed. Seems fair.

More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum