Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > skipperh's Port Reviews of Virgin Gorda, St. Barts, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Thomas

Silver Cloud cruise in February 2012
Member Name: skipperh
Cruise Date: February 2012
Member Review: skipperh's Silver Cloud Review
Virgin Gorda
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
A new port for us! Beautiful island. The Land/Sea tour was lots of fun with personable guides.

More Virgin Gorda Reviews Virgin Gorda Port Profile Virgin Gorda Forum
St. Barts
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
A beautiful island, but expensive (no surprise there!)

Took the Fast N'Fun Boat tour which was really fun (and I'd do it again) BUT the potential exists for serious injury if someone has his knees locked at the wrong time (you STAND in a brace on a zodiac type-type boat). We had high waves, which prevented the full tour around the island (had to double back when we hit the Atlantic), but was lots of fun climbing the waves and becoming a bit airborn at times. However, when I was "slammed back" onto the water I did a few inadvertent deep knee bends (good exercise!). IF my knees had been locked -- well, NOT GOOD. Most people got wet, and some drenched; no one had any problems. On a calmer day, it would have been a fun speedboat ride. I liked the more "challenging" ride, but you need to be cautious (PS I'm 60 years old)

More St. Barts Reviews St. Barts Port Profile St. Barts Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Always a fun place. The Segway tour was GREAT, and unique.

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
St. Kitts
Catamaran Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Included snorkeling. Great fun! I'll always opt for a catamaran/snorkel on an island I've previously visited. Just a fun, leisurely way to spend an afternoon.

Scenic Railway Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
LOVED IT; very unique way to see the island. Strongly recommend.

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
St. Thomas
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Lots of fun! The crew was great, the day was sunny and breezy, the snorkel site had lots of sea turtles! Fun fun fun. And if you didn't want to snorkel, the crew ran a "dingy ferry" to the beach so you could hang out there.

One minor issue -- the boat capacity was 49 and there were 47 passengers -- it worked, but was more than I'd have preferred.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum