Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ashton123's Port Reviews of St. Croix,, St. John (U.S.V.I.), St. Lucia, Barbados

Adventure of the Seas cruise in January 2012
Member Name: ashton123
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: ashton123's Adventure of the Seas Review
St. Croix
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We booked the snorkeling adventure to Buck Island through the ship. The captain did give instructions to first-timers and had a couple of crew members escort these folks in the water which was a positive for this trip. The water was very rough at the snorkel site and even the experienced snorkelers found it a little difficult. We both thought the captain had a little bit of attitude.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We booked independently with adventure antigua. They offer different tours and we selected the XtremeCircumnav tour which was about a 6 hour Miami vice type boat around the entire island. It is not for the feint of heart as you are out in the Atlantic at times and we happened to hit a day of rough waters and the swells took us up and down very hard. Don't do this if you have a bad back or other conditions which prohibit you from enjoying this trip safely. The crew were wonderful and took us to snorkel with the stingrays. The water was chilly but once you get used to it no problem. They pointed out all the historic, interesting and celebrity sites and took us into several marinas and got the updates on the mega yachts--mindblowing. We stopped for lunch at another beach site. It might be pricey for some but totally worth it.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We booked independently ATV Paradise Tours. We were picked up by taxi that the owner arranged and taken up to the site. He only takes a handful of ATVs each tour. You can double up or go single. We went single as we both like to drive. We went into the rain forest. He is a conservationist and gives great information. The path was definitely a challenge at times but that made it even more fun. He is building a great business. The cost was $150 each but this is not a run of the mill 2 hours ATV trip. I can't remember how long the tour was, 35 minutes there and 35 back but I think we were on the ATVs at least 3 hours. This is highly rated on other sites and I definitely recommend it also.

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
Barbados
Surfing Rating: 5+ out of 5+
They picked us up at the dock and he scoured several beach sites for a suitable wave location. There were 3 of us. He gave us lessons on the board on shore and then took us in the water. He stayed with us the whole time and gave us more instructions and feedback. All three of us were able to stand up and surf the waves. It is very tiring so you need to be in decent shape. It was very reasonably priced at $75. Would definitely recommend.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum