Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > mike18510's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

mike18510's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk
Ruby Princess cruise in February 2012
Member Name: mike18510
Cruise Date: February 2012
Member Review: mike18510's Ruby Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Princess Kays was amazing if you're looking for a party or just a quiet spot on the beach. We got off the ship and had a BBQ lunch which was average but who cares, we weren't there to eat. The beach was beautiful but the water was a little cold.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
St Martin has a beautiful broadwalk about a mile from the cruise port. We met up with another couple from the ship and decided to walk to town as it was a nice day and we wanted to enjoy the sun. The beach was incredible and they had lots of restaurants and vendors everywhere. NOTE: The ship talks a lot about preferred vendors and people that that Princess is getting kickback if you shop there...not true...Princess owns all of the stores that they send you to. Only a fool would buy any of that jewelry on vacation, I wouldn't buy a couch or a car on vacation, why would I buy expensive diamonds or art?

I rented a segway with another friend from my ship and had the greatest time. $25 for 30 minutes and I could go anywhere I wanted. The excursion on the ship had 10 people riding single file very slowly and seemed to spend most of their time watching the guide demonstrate techniques. The nearest beach by the cruise port is by far the nicest on the island. We took a cab to Orient beach and had a great time but this island is very poor with more garbage than you'll ever see in any slum. I plan on staying near the ship on every single Island next time I cruise as there was very little to see once you got far from town.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
St Thomas was a nicer more developed island that St Marten but didn't have the nice beachfront that they had in St Martin. Overall St Thomas is also a dump that you wouldn't want to spend much time on as they are really poor with extremely high prices. I paid $42 for 2 burgers and 2 frozen margaritas on Koki beach. Koki beach is an excellent place to snorkel, the water is very clear and has tons of fish right up to the shore on the left side of the beach near the rocks. Koki beach has a lot of shacks and pot smoking locals everywhere, teeth optional. Magens bay was awesome with a nice bay and almost no waves. The water is not as clear as Koki beach and is run as a state park from the looks of things with a small entrance fee and is much cleaner. Again, this is a nice place to visit for the day but I wouldn't want to stay there overnight.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Grand Turk
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Grand Turk again has a beautiful pier and beach area with lots of shops owned by the cruise lines. We decided to go against our better judgement and rent some bikes to see the island as it's pretty flat and not very big. Grand Turk has a little shopping area in Cockburntown a few miles from the pier with a nice little shack on the beach for drinks and food. Most of the things to see on this island are at the cruise port or in the water surrounding the area. It appeared to have numerous buildings under construction that were abandoned and had the usual shacks and garbage everywhere. The highlight of my bike ride was coming over a hill to find wild donkeys on the left and a wild steer running down the road just ahead of me. Stay on the beach and you'll have a great time. Island exploring was fun but not as fun as we would have had in the nice part by the cruise port.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum