Member Reviews

Embarkation: Galveston
Member Review: rustyred1990's Carnival Triumph Review
Progreso
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The small town of progreso was a quick, free bus ride away. This quaint town had a distinctly different feel from Cozumel. It was much less built up but still had a lot of stuff to do. I took a 3 dollar double decker bus ride which stopped by a beer shop to grab some cold ones in the morning. I then paid 40 dollars for a trip to see some mayan ruins and a cenote. Overall, I had a great time here.

More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
The Caribe resort beach included a free tequila tasting which was very fun. However, the beach was manmade and not very pretty. It was basically built on the rocky coast. We were given snorkel equipment and told there would be a reef. there was basically some sunken concrete with a few fish around it. NOT impressed.

What really frustrated me was the lack of competition at Puerta Maya, where our ship docked. There were only two competing lines, and neither was able to negotiate on their prices, which were excessively high. I would have preferred a place with independent operators who could have lowered the price. I had two choices. Get screwed really hard by the cruise line, or get screwed by the duopolisitic excursion agencies.

Mayan Ruins Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I paid 38 dollars to go see the ruins of san gervasio and go to the Caribe resort beach, which was not worth it. The ruins were nice, but expensive. 8 dollars nonnegotiable.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum