Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > gjs2266's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.), Nassau

gjs2266's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.), Nassau
Norwegian Epic cruise in February 2012
Member Name: gjs2266
Cruise Date: February 2012
Member Review: gjs2266's Norwegian Epic Review
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I booked the Rhino Boats excursion. Excellent fun if you enjoy driving a small power boat. Come in your swimsuit, as after a half hour or so of navigating the St. Maarten coastline and marinas you'll arrive at a beach cove and jump over the side of your boat for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing. Wear plenty of waterproof sunscreen. The water is warm and clear, but be prepared to jump into the water at a depth that is well over your head and swim to shore. You are given a float-vest, but if you freak out if your feet can't touch the bottom, stay in your boat.

Shopping in St. Maarten is the best. Jewelry, watches, liquor, etc.; best prices and selection, and my favorite shopping area, within walking distance of the pier.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
We docked in St. Thomas, and I took the tour which ferried you to St. John. You'll have a 45 minute ferry ride over and back, and another half-hour on a taxi once you get to St. John. The island is beautiful, but the beach is very small. There are no beach chairs, and barely enough room to put a towel down.

Since the ship sails so early in the afternoon, there is not much time to shop in town in St. Thomas if you go to St. John or do any excursion that lasts a few hours.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
Nassau
Beach Break Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Atlantis was packed, again, tons of kids. I was taken to the beach farthest from where the taxi dropped us off, over by the condo tower. The beach was gorgeous, and not too crowded, but the pools and water parks were mobbed to the point that people were jammed together in the lazy river (so glad I did not pay for that!). The food is outrageously priced; I returned to the ship early.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum