Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Optima7's Port Reviews of St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas, San Juan

Celebrity Summit cruise in February 2012
Member Name: Optima7
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: Optima7's Celebrity Summit Review
St. Croix
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We chose Llewellyn Charters for a snorkeling excursion to Buck Island. Beautiful day, beautiful trip. I recommend this trip for any small group. For the most part he and his brother were charming and helpful. His self built trimaran is beautiful and a delight to sail on.

I most share one major caveat. Llewellyn was unable to fit my daughter or I with a mask that did not leak. As his frustration grew with being unable to fit any of his masks to us he became a bit unpleasant. I have used cheap masks before with no trouble. My daughter, a strong swimmer, later snorkeled on St. John with no problems using equipment from a beachfront stand.

I am not trying to slam Llewellyn, his excursion is a special experience but you might want to bring your own equipment if the snorkeling part is very important you. He needs some new equipment.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. Kitts
Island tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We did not prebook. We arrange a tour in port with Annie's Carribbean Tours. Using a small multi-person vehicle she gave a a very nice tour of St. Kitts. I recommend her. Only $15 per person.

869-668-5425

More St. Kitts Reviews St. Kitts Port Profile St. Kitts Forum
Dominica
Rainforest Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
It was great but I do not remember the details. Ridiculous as I do not have Alzheimer's. It is a very beautiful unspoiled nature reserve.

More Dominica Reviews Dominica Port Profile Dominica Forum
Grenada
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Excellent tour with AJ Metty which is actually Alan Medford. Highly recommended.

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum
St. Thomas
Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Rental car on St. John with O'Connor Rentals. She was true to her word and even gave us a personal impromptu bonus tour of the city when we returned the car as we had extra time.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
WE rented a car and drove to El Yunque. This is a stunningly beautiful US national park. Go there.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum