Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > cruisinggaga's Port Reviews of Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Croix, St. Thomas

Serenade of the Seas cruise in January 2012
Member Name: cruisinggaga
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: cruisinggaga's Serenade of the Seas Review
Grenada
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We took the water taxi which is located just off the ship($8.00 RT pp) over to Grand Anes beach and spent a couple hours there before heading back to the ship for lunch. After that we walked around town. This was my least favorite port. The beach made it nice.

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
WOW! This was my favorite port. We took and amazing tour which we booked ourselves through Cosol Tours. They were Fun and very informative. $65.00 pp and so worth it. We got free drinks all day, choices were, local beer, rum punch, coke or water and you could have as much as you wanted. We tasted local food for breakfast and the sights were amazing. Quick lunch. Plenty of 5/10 min stops for pictures and local gifts. My husband bought a beautiful handmade bird feeder for only $7.00 Cosol got us back to the ship on time and I was able to do some quick shopping at the port shops. In the beginning he promised us a great time and it was. The tour they took us on for $65.00 was offered by Royal Caribbean as 2 different tours at the same price but you didn't see as much and there was no food or drink.

Cosol tours is highly recommended!!!!

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
Antigua
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Did not take a tour here but I do recommend taking one. Just got off the ship and walked around town. Was ok but would do a tour next time!

More Antigua Reviews Antigua Port Profile Antigua Forum
St. Croix
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We got off the ship with a plan to walk around but instead took a taxi over to Christiansted which is offered as you get to the entrance of the port for $16.00 RT pp. It was about a 25 min ride. We walked around for about an hour and a half then took the van back to the ship, they do wait till the taxi is filled before taking you back. After lunch we walked to the beach which is right next to the port. Nice beach but you need water shoes if you go into the water as it is pretty rocky. Also when you go into the water and have kids it does drop off quick as you enter, goes from about 5 inches down to about 1 to 1 1/2 feet deep. Great swimming and it is a very pretty beach. After the beach my husband went back to the ship and I stayed and shopped at the outside market at the port entrance. All in all this was a great day and port.

More St. Croix Reviews St. Croix Port Profile St. Croix Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was our 2nd time to St. Thomas and I still love this port. This time we took a taxi downtown for shopping. ALOT of shopping!! Finally bought my blue diamond at a great place called Imperial Jewelers, great people and they come highly recommended. Went back to port after 3 hours of walking around and shopping. Then I did more shopping at Havensight mall just outside the gates at the port while my husband went back to the ship. Wonderful day!!

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum