Member Reviews

Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: Jagger19's Carnival Inspiration Review
Los Angeles
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Port Long Beach - Getting to the cruise terminal was somewhat confusing even with our google maps in hand. However, we were able to find the parking structure after several 'almost' near misses.

Embarkation is easy to do for someone like us who are first time cruisers. The cruise ship personnel are not only courteous but very helpful and tried their very best to help anyone.

It made us feel good and at ease knowing there are security all over the place. I didn't see or notice anyone complaining about any restrictive movements caused by security activities. We felt very safe getting on board.

Port at Ensenada - Inspite of all the 'bad' news about Mexico, we felt very safe walking in/around Ensenada. One of their local merchants was very helpful giving us directions. He also assured us that Ensenada is safe. We never had any problem using the bathroom of one of their gas stations. Also, while we were crossing the street, a police car stopped to let us cross - I don't even see that here in the US! The only complaint I have is - the beggar's children both on city streets and on the way to the ship were very aggressive. I had to warn my son to check his pockets!!! These turned us off or we would have given a bit of our change.

More Los Angeles Reviews Los Angeles Port Profile Los Angeles Forum