Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Magyfagen's Port Reviews of Aruba, Curacao, Puerto Limon, Colon (Cristobal)

Magyfagen's Port Reviews of Aruba, Curacao, Puerto Limon, Colon (Cristobal)
Zuiderdam cruise in January 2012
Member Name: Magyfagen
Cruise Date: January 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Member Review: Magyfagen's Zuiderdam Review
Aruba
Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We hired one of the white mini van buses right outside the port for a 2 hour tour of the island. While the tour was $10 a person when we first got off the ship, it was $20 per person later in the afternoon. We went in the afternoon and were not disappointed. Climbed a famous rock, saw the oldest church, some really expensive houses, the California Lighthouse, the hotel district and general countryside. The tour guide Edward was excellent. He taught us some Papiemento.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Curacao
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Loved the beauty of the island. My husband and one of my traveling companions paid $60 a person to go scuba diving and had a blast. My friend and I went shopping. I got some great jewelry deals. Note that Mr. Tablecloth is the ship's preferred store, but we found better deals at the other shop. The Queen's bridge was very cool. Just remember to start your way back to the boat early if you are on the opposite side. If the bridge opens to let the ship pass, you are at the mercy of the ferry to get you back and the lines can be quite long.
More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum
Puerto Limon
Port Rating: Not Rated
We did the Canal Experience Excursion. Would I do it again, no. Did I love it, yes. It was an EXTREMELY long excursion. Hour bus ride to the ferries and then I lost count of how many hours on the ferry and then depending on traffic 60-90 minutes back to the ship. We had to wait for another ship to enter the locks with us and it took forever. It was really hot and humid although there was a small air-conditioned room to go into. There is a sweet woman on board that sells souvenirs. If you want souvenirs from Panama, buy them from her because the excursion is notorious for running long and you will have no time to shop in Panama. Our buses were so late coming back, we got an escort from the Panamanian Police that took us directly to the ship. Smoking is allowed on the ferry and it is located by the restrooms, so if you are a non-smoker be prepared. It is not the smokers fault for the location of the designated smoking area and the restrooms.

More Puerto Limon Reviews Puerto Limon Port Profile Puerto Limon Forum
Colon (Cristobal)
Port Rating: Not Rated
My husband and TC's went ziplining and I went to the Veragues Rainforest Conservation center. We all had a great time. The Rainforest tour is quite long and involves a lot of walking in high humidity and heat. Drink plenty of water if you go. Loved the shopping area across the street from the parking lot. Great deals. Be sure and haggle.

More Colon (Cristobal) Reviews Colon (Cristobal) Port Profile Colon (Cristobal) Forum