Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > nelson p's Port Reviews of Dubrovnik, Corfu, Malta (Valletta), Tunis (La Goulette), Gibraltar, Rio de Janeiro

Star Princess cruise in December 2011
Member Name: nelson p
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Member Review: nelson p's Star Princess Review
Dubrovnik
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
beautiful! I had been here in 1961 travelling by car, but approaching it from the sea is quite a different feeling!

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum
Corfu
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
just a greek island, nice but I found nothing special
More Corfu Reviews Corfu Port Profile Corfu Forum
Malta (Valletta)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
my first time in Vallarta. We inspected it all from the top floor of a tour bus, weather was so nice and the landscapes and buildings great!

More Malta (Valletta) Reviews Malta (Valletta) Port Profile Malta (Valletta) Forum
Tunis (La Goulette)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
very interesting experience. Mixing with the crowd in the old town, talking with some of them in french, so happy and hopeful with their new political situation! Women moving very independently without bourkas or so. And when we visited Cartago ruins there was Hannibal waiting for us...

More Tunis (La Goulette) Reviews Tunis (La Goulette) Port Profile Tunis (La Goulette) Forum
Gibraltar
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Our first time also here. I had crossed this strait several times by boat but I could never appreciate so well both shores at the same time -Afrika and Europe-, so close to each other, and so beautiful, allowing you to better understand Muslim migration nowadays.

Gibraltar looks like a very nice extension of the UK, we walked and we walked, window shopping most of the time, bought the Daily Telegraph...

More Gibraltar Reviews Gibraltar Port Profile Gibraltar Forum
Rio de Janeiro
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I couldn't enter the real Port 6, which was Recife in NE Brazil, I didn;t find that option. It was my first time in Recife, nice but nothing special.

Rio de Janeiro was really our 7th port, always beautiful, but we have been there so many times that my wife opted to stay aboard. It was a very hot morning and I disembarked just to walk a bit and buy some medicine for my ear aching badly after so much swimming.

More Rio de Janeiro Reviews Rio de Janeiro Port Profile Rio de Janeiro Forum
Montevideo
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Montevideo was really our 8th port (remember I couldn't enter Recife). Beautiful part of the old city, we walked it all, very well organized, fantastic people and shops.

More Montevideo Reviews Montevideo Port Profile Montevideo Forum