Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Janet Davies's Port Reviews of Aruba, Cartagena (Colombia), Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera), San Juan, Cabo San Lucas

Coral Princess cruise in November 2011
Member Name: Janet Davies
Cruise Date: November 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Member Review: Janet Davies's Coral Princess Review
Aruba
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We had decided that as we were only stopping here for 5 hours, we wouldn't do a tour, so we just walked around the town. It was extremely hot, and we found we couldn't stay out for too long so we just had a brief tour. There were a lot of market stalls selling all sorts of bric a brac and plenty of diamond shops - didn't bother going there!

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Cartagena (Colombia)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Took the Mangrove Canoe Ride and Walk around the Old City tour. Enjoyed the canoe ride, but we did wonder where the bus was taking us. There were dips and troughs in the road and we were going through dirt tracks and eventually the bus couldn't go any further and we all got out. There was rubbish everywhere and we just walked ahead following the driver, until we turned to the left and there were all these canoes facing us. There were dancers and singers, and these were playing until we left the shore. We didn't see any wildlife here, which I was sorry about, but there were young boys who had dived for snails, and they were holding them up in the water asking for a dollar for them.

On our return we stopped at the old city, but we didn't really see very much, just a few shops and at the end they were trying to sell us coffee.

More Cartagena (Colombia) Reviews Cartagena (Colombia) Port Profile Cartagena (Colombia) Forum
Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Here we took the Scenic Train Ride and Boat on Tarcoles River. Really enjoyed this tour, the tour guide was really funny 'Umberto' was his name and he really made the trip. We saw quite a few birds and crocodiles and managed to get lots of pictures.

More Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Reviews Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Port Profile Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Forum
San Juan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua - We didn't take a tour here and as it was raining we didn't really see too much. There was a market just outside the port and we walked around this, and then went into a local bar and had a beer. People were very nice.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We didn't take a tour here, and I'm glad we didn't because I really enjoyed this busy little place. There was a lovely harbour and we saw seals jumping onto the back of fishing boats, where the fishermen were feeding them. There were a lot of bars and restaurants and I had my photo taken holding a lion cub. I think I'd like to see a little bit more of this place if I ever get the chance to come back this way, but as the ship was leaving at 2pm we didn't feel we had enough time to do too much.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum