Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > oldlawmom's Port Reviews of Dubrovnik, Corfu, Malta (Valletta), Tunis (La Goulette), Gibraltar

Star Princess cruise in December 2011
Member Name: oldlawmom
Cruise Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Member Review: oldlawmom's Star Princess Review
Dubrovnik
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I loved Dubrovnik! We went to a little town on the water that was lovely. The brandy was good and costumes colorful. In the old town, we got to experience the charm. It didn't hurt that it was a perfect day.

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum
Corfu
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
In spite of the less than stellar weather, this was my favorite port, as we travelled to a tourist town and visited a lovely monastery. The high point was the meal of local foods with plenty of wine and a sample of oozo and some entertaining dancing by locals.
More Corfu Reviews Corfu Port Profile Corfu Forum
Malta (Valletta)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I took the archeological tour and got to see ancient ruins I never would have gotten to see otherwise. The museum is quite interesting as well.

More Malta (Valletta) Reviews Malta (Valletta) Port Profile Malta (Valletta) Forum
Tunis (La Goulette)
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I hated this tour and the port itself except for Carthage. The ruins of the Roman baths are pretty amazing. Tunis may be making progress, but the city is very dirty. Our meal was nothing special either.

More Tunis (La Goulette) Reviews Tunis (La Goulette) Port Profile Tunis (La Goulette) Forum
Gibraltar
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Gibraltar is a nice port. I think everyone enjoyed stopping there. I should have done a Princess tour, but had signed up for the pub crawl in memory of my hubby. Since it was canceled, I did one of the local cab tours, and that is a good value as well -- got to see the cave and the monkeys. This tour ends downtown, and I liked the downtown. This is actually the only port where I did any shopping. Fun port all in all.

More Gibraltar Reviews Gibraltar Port Profile Gibraltar Forum
Rio de Janeiro
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
There is a lot of waiting involved on this tour, but it was certainly worth it to be able to be at the Christ the Redeemer statue on Christmas Eve. That was a very special experience. One word to the wise -- if you go to the barbecue, don't founder at the buffet. They are going to bring you more food -- meat of every kind. Save room for it. We could have used a bit more time for eating, actually. We had a very late flight and would have enjoyed less time at the less than stellar Rio airport.

More Rio de Janeiro Reviews Rio de Janeiro Port Profile Rio de Janeiro Forum