Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > c&semail's Port Reviews of Newport, Boston, Saint John (New Brunswick), Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal

Crystal Symphony cruise in October 2011
Member Name: c&semail
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Member Review: c&semail's Crystal Symphony Review
Newport
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Interesting to see how tghe other half lived. (and probably still does). We took a nice harbour cruise and then visited the Vanderbilt mansion which was almost obscene in its over the top opulence. When I think of the people in the world with not enough to eat - well, don't get me started!

More Newport Reviews Newport Port Profile Newport Forum
Boston
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We've been before which is perhaps why we didn't get more excited by Boston. We just went on a walking tour and listened to a not very good tour guide telling us about the evils of George lll. Probably people who have not been before would have got a lot more out of the city. It is a nice place and if I had to live in the States. is perhaps one of the places I would choose to live.

More Boston Reviews Boston Port Profile Boston Forum
Saint John (New Brunswick)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+

Probably one of the highlights for us (even tough I lost my sweater there). We went on a photographic tour with a local professional photographer who took us to some very good spot for taking photos. Especially good that we saw the river at both low and high tides so we saw the rapids flowing both ways. Some of the people from the ship were braqve enough to take a boat into the rapids.

More Saint John (New Brunswick) Reviews Saint John (New Brunswick) Port Profile Saint John (New Brunswick) Forum
Halifax
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+

A month afterwards I can hardly remember anything about it so it must have been really exciting. I think we drove out to Peggy's Cove which was a pretty drive, but dull compared with most of Cornwall, England.

More Halifax Reviews Halifax Port Profile Halifax Forum
Quebec City
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+

Really liked Quebec. We didn't have very good weather there but even so we could easily have spent more time there.
Should also mention that going along the North Atlantic coast and the St Lawrence river to get to Quebec was lovely, in spite of pretty awful weather. We saw whales spouting, and lots of seals, and sea birds.

More Quebec City Reviews Quebec City Port Profile Quebec City Forum
Montreal
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

We had two days in Montreal. It is a nice city but you definitely felt you were back to big city America (yes I do know it's in Canada, that was just the feel. However the are some interesting sights, especially the cathedral, and I found the idea of the underground shopping precincts amazing - what a great idea when it's winter!

More Montreal Reviews Montreal Port Profile Montreal Forum