Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > hockey4ever's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Marseille, Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Genoa, Venice

Carnival Magic cruise in September 2011
Member Name: hockey4ever
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: hockey4ever's Carnival Magic Review
Barcelona
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Make sure to stay in this amazing city for 3 or 4 days ahead of the cruise of after. Barcelona is extraordinary.

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Marseille
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I didn't like this port, I thought is was very dirty and not much to do in the city, maybe people should consider taking an excursion out of the city, it would probably be better, we did the city tour and shopping, the Basilica is amazing, but not much else to see or do, I didn't care for the shopping either.
More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Well what can you say about Rome, it would take me a week to mention everything I would like to say, but as I mentioned we did Rome at its Best and it was a hectic day, but absolutely worth it.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Naples
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We did Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii, this is an amazing excursion, absolutely do not miss Pompeii. Capri and Sorrento are stunning, just wish we could have had more time in all of these places, but maybe another time.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Genoa
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Did Portofino, Santa Margherita and Camogli. Another amazing excursion, but not long enough in Portofino and Santa Margherita, this is a great excursion, if you want to see beautiful places and not quite so hectic, although for me they could cancel Camogli and just do the other two places.

More Genoa Reviews Genoa Port Profile Genoa Forum
Venice
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Amazing city and we were over night there, which was great, did an evening gondola ride which was great, not long enough. I had read some reviews where people had mentioned that the gondoliers talk on their cell phones, thankfully we didn't experience that.

We also did St. Marks Square and Doges Palace, it was very nice and enjoyed it.

More Venice Reviews Venice Port Profile Venice Forum
Dubrovnik
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Absolutely stunning place would love to go back, nice and clean and very friendly people. Make sure and walk the ramparts.

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum