Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > H Bailey's Port Reviews of Copenhagen, Rostock (Warnemunde), Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm

Marco Polo cruise in September 2011
Member Name: H Bailey
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Dover
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Member Review: H Bailey's Marco Polo Review
Copenhagen
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Loved the place and was easy to reach from where we were docked. We only spent an afternoon here which was disappointing as there was plenty to see.

More Copenhagen Reviews Copenhagen Port Profile Copenhagen Forum
Rostock (Warnemunde)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I was surprised at this little port as there didn't seem much to do. there is great rail links to rostock and the level of english spoken is excellent. we saw the sunset over the white sandy beach whilst having cocktails from the nearby cuba bar. amazing.
More Rostock (Warnemunde) Reviews Rostock (Warnemunde) Port Profile Rostock (Warnemunde) Forum
Tallinn
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Some interesting buildings but very touristy and expensive at certain themed restaurants. we hid in the jazz style gastropub Clayhills.

More Tallinn Reviews Tallinn Port Profile Tallinn Forum
St. Petersburg
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Passport control is a little slow but we got though. The driving is crazy and it is a large city so would have preferred 2 days but there is plenty to see and do (see the hermitage if nothing else) - I recommend going to an approved private tour operator.

More St. Petersburg Reviews St. Petersburg Port Profile St. Petersburg Forum
Helsinki
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
This was not the port for me. It reminded me of sheffied (sorry sheffield)and wasn't helped by the rain. If there was more time it would be nice to explore further afield in Norway and this is a port where I really wished I had done the excursion to porvoo.

More Helsinki Reviews Helsinki Port Profile Helsinki Forum
Stockholm
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Only 3 hours spent here but what an amazing place! so many lovely buildings to see even in a couple of hours. Am already planning my return trip.

More Stockholm Reviews Stockholm Port Profile Stockholm Forum