Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Rosie's Port Reviews of Sardinia, Palermo, Venice, Dubrovnik

Rosie's Port Reviews of Sardinia, Palermo, Venice, Dubrovnik
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: Rosie's Celebrity Eclipse Review
Sardinia
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The thing I remember about Cagliari is that it was very hilly. Once again we did our own thing - just as well we like walking. We made our way to the Amphitheatre ...not an easy trek as it was all up hill and VERY hot ..only to find that we couldn't get in as it was closed. At least from there on it was all down hill. Cagliari has charm and I think next time we would possible do an organised tour.

More Sardinia Reviews Sardinia Port Profile Sardinia Forum
Palermo
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I have to confess - we didn't get off at this port as we just wanted to enjoy a quiet ship but we did watch people getting off the ship and very soon after get back on again. The general opinion was that it was grubby with overflowing bins and lots of grafitti ...what a shame.

More Palermo Reviews Palermo Port Profile Palermo Forum
Venice
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We adore Venice as it is such a stunningly beautiful place and one that you can never get bored of. Once again we did our own thing and walked off the ship. Every thing is well signposted so we decided to walk as far as the Rialto Bridge. I would recommend where possible to get off the ship early as by mid afternoon Venice gets packed. The Murano jewellery is very affordable and pretty and can be found in most shops. Some of our dinner companions did a ship tour ..Secret Venice... and they all thought it very worth while so I think we may have to book that next time. Needless to say the sail away through the middle of Venice will stay in my memory forever as it is just like being on a film set!!

More Venice Reviews Venice Port Profile Venice Forum
Dubrovnik
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We have visited Dubrovnik several times before and love it. It is so picturesque. We have done the inner city and it is a must as well as walking the wall around the inner city. This time we decided to try out the cable car, thank goodness we got off early as by the time we came back down there were really long queues. It doesn't take long to get to the top and the view of Dubrovnik was stunning. There is a museumn at the top which takes you through the wartime history which was very interesting and it was only 2 Kuna to get in. The Cable Car will only take credit cards of local Kuna currency so beware. Just a reminder that to get out of the port gates at Dubrovnik you will need picture I.D.

More Dubrovnik Reviews Dubrovnik Port Profile Dubrovnik Forum