Member Reviews

Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Member Review: ferriswheel's Queen Victoria Review
Flam
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Next port was Flaam. It is very important to pre-book excursions for the train. I can't stress that enough. It is a very busy place. We met people who missed out on the train because they thought they could get on by just turning up to buy a ticket.

The tourist shops in Flaam are bountiful, but that is it for shopping. The highlight is the train trip or other excursions that are on offer with the cruise. My husband went on the mountain bike excursion and loved it! If I didn't have under aged kids to look after, I would have done the bike trip too. I'm not an experienced cyclist by any means but I would have preferred the peacefulness of the bike ride to the overcrowded train ride and pathetic waffles on offer along the way!

More Flam Reviews Flam Port Profile Flam Forum
Bergen
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Last port is Bergen. The weather is warm again; a beautiful 25 degrees. We do our own thing in Bergen; no excursions are booked. This works out well for us as we still get a Cunard coach ride into the city. We wander aimlessly through the city; lots of shops! We take the funicular ride to visit Mt Floyen. A great stop for kids as there was a brilliant troll park in the woods at the top of the mountain - kids could have hung out there for hours. Bergen is a picturesque city - photo worthy. Highlight for me was the shopping!

More Bergen Reviews Bergen Port Profile Bergen Forum