Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > dawn mugan's Port Reviews of Alexandria, Cairo (Port Said), Jerusalem (Ashdod)

dawn mugan's Port Reviews of Alexandria, Cairo (Port Said), Jerusalem (Ashdod)
Thomson Celebration cruise in September 2011
Member Name: dawn mugan
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Dalaman
Destination: Middle East
Member Review: dawn mugan's Thomson Celebration Review
Alexandria
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
we booked the greek and roman tour. I was very disappointed and wish I had stayed onboard the ship.

More Alexandria Reviews Alexandria Port Profile Alexandria Forum
Cairo (Port Said)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The trip to the pyramids was a very long day but worth it. We had an armed security guard on each coach (15 coaches in total) and a police escort. For the first few minutes of the journey coming out of the port, the roads had police road blocks so we could drive through quickly. You soon got used to this. We went inside one of the pyramids. Not recommended if you have breathing problems, mobility problems or are claustrophobic, however, I have mild asthma and still managed to go down into the pyramid, I did panic part way down but then made a determined effort to carry on. I was so glad I did (not that there is a lot to see) but I can always say I was inside a pyramid. We were hassled all the time by street sellers. They would not leave us alone. The best camera shots were at the Sphinx.

More Cairo (Port Said) Reviews Cairo (Port Said) Port Profile Cairo (Port Said) Forum
Jerusalem (Ashdod)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Jerusalem and Bethlehem were advertised as strenuous walking trips so I was worried about this in the heat but it was nowhere near as hard as I thought. It was amazing and well worth going. I don't class myself as religious but I certainly felt it here. It was a lovely experience.

More Jerusalem (Ashdod) Reviews Jerusalem (Ashdod) Port Profile Jerusalem (Ashdod) Forum