Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Toothfairy80's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Prince Rupert

Toothfairy80's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Prince Rupert
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: Toothfairy80's Norwegian Star Review
Ketchikan
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We did a zip line and challenge excursion, which we loved! We did rock climbing, zip lining and made our way through an obstacle course. I gave a 3 because I wasn't impressed with the area where the boat docked. I would definitely recommend some kind of excursion and save your shopping for the other ports.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We decided to not due an excursion in Juneau. The port was cute and had a lot of places to shop. I did most of my shopping here. Had breakfast at a cute place called the Silver Bow that someone in Ketchikan told us about. Good bagels and cream cheese. We took a local bus to the Mendenhall glacier for $16 round trip. We were only from 7-1 so we felt a little rushed, but overall a good time.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
My absolute favorite port! Felt like I was on a movie set for a western. A lot of stores so a good place for souvenirs and shopping. We ate at the Red Onion Saloon which use to be a brothel back in the day. Very cute place and $5 for a 15 min tour. Check it out. We also did a train ride through the White Pass Railway. Was the highlight of my trip! 40 mile round trip train ride up the mountains with awesome scenery. Highly recommend this!

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Prince Rupert
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Not much to see at the port. We did a nature walk at the Butze Rainforest that was nice. But overall, not to exciting.

More Prince Rupert Reviews Prince Rupert Port Profile Prince Rupert Forum