Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lifeizgr8's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan

lifeizgr8's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: lifeizgr8's Westerdam Review
Seattle
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We began there and went to Pikes Market and ate brunch there ! We had been there many times, but always enjoy the fish throwing and the Crab cocktails that are wonderful at the Fish Market! For $8, you will eat the best and freshest Crab on the West Coast!!

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Juneau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We have been to Juneau 3 other times, so we had done the hatchery, whale watching and the floatplane, which I would recommend to all! So this time we just walked around and had a wonderful lunch at the crab shack! WAY TOO MANY JEWELRY SHOPS!!!!!! We had planned to do ziplining, but a last minute health issue stopped us, but some friends went and they raved about it!

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Sitka
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
WE had also been to Sitka before, but love the beauty of this port! We think it is one of the most beautiful on the AK cruises!! This time we went to the Totem Park, and found it to be very interesting, beautiful and it was FREE too!! We visited the Bishops House and the Russian Church! There was authentic dancing at the church and it was wonderful!! I love Sitka and don't miss the brewery above the shops closest to the ship! Great fun and good too!!

More Sitka Reviews Sitka Port Profile Sitka Forum
Ketchikan
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
I personally do not like Ketchikan! If you like to fish, this is a good place to do it! Our friends caught 4 very large Salmon. The shops are very touristy, and the constant rain seems to stop many excursions! I was VERY HAPPY to see a few new shops full of beautiful Alaskan art and pottery, but we found only 2! I did enjoy them!! The only thing I have ever enjoyed here is the canoe trip on the lake in the rainforest area, and then take a guided walk in the rainforest to learn all about the flora and fauna! I feel you are pushed to shop, which I am very tired of by now, and would love to see an area different that the regular ports every ship seems to visit! They need to start going to a few newer ports to add to the itinerary for regular cruisers. How much shopping can you do or do you want to do???? Almost every shop has the same thing. Most of it was made in China! I don't need to go to AK to buy Chinese, gaudy "crud!!

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum