Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > herbanrenewal's Port Reviews of Seattle, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Prince Rupert

Norwegian Star cruise in August 2011
Member Name: herbanrenewal
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: herbanrenewal's Norwegian Star Review
Seattle
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Seattle - loved it. Very walkable city with great transportation options, and lots to do independently. Loved the views from the Bank of America Building (Columbia Building). Highest in Seattle and the great view includes the Space needle.

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Ketchikan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Ketchikan - easy to get public bus ($2) to Totem Bight Park. The bus picks you up in front of the Masonic temple right across from the port. )opposite side of street from the eagle statue. After about an hour there we returned to town and walked around.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Several buses take you from the port to Mendenhall for $16 round trip. Some nice trails to walk there. Saw eagles, bear, and lots of salmon. Several trails to walk - I liked this port.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I loved the White Pass Railroad. I stood outside most of the trip and got some great photos of spectacular scenery. They tell you that both sides are good for scenery - you change sides at the top of the pass. However, the trip up is much slower so the left side of the train definitely has a better view. Unfortunately our train broke down and we sat on the track for about an hour - I booked through the cruise line for this one because the reservation I could get was cutting it close to cruise on-board time. We were an hour late getting back. With several hundred missing passengers they waited for us. Unfortunately the morning spent in town was a bit boring - not much to do or see.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Prince Rupert
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
the only thing I wanted to do there was hike the Butze Rapids trail, but in a steady rain I opted to stay on the ship at this port. The town has nothing much to offer. My friend did go in to look around but came back in an hour after walking the entire town. The only thing she commented on was the cow -printed trash cans in Cow Bay.

More Prince Rupert Reviews Prince Rupert Port Profile Prince Rupert Forum