Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Jack(not my real name)'s Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Haines, Ketchikan

Jack(not my real name)'s Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Haines, Ketchikan
Golden Princess cruise in August 2011
Member Name: Jack(not my real name)
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: Jack(not my real name)'s Golden Princess Review
Juneau
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The Red Dog Saloon called and we appeared. Rainy and overcast, we dodged our plans to go up the tram (cause the tram disappeared into the clouds and it was obviously harsher weather there than in Juneau downtown. Juneau is clean and tidy for a place that was being overrun by four cruise ships that day...

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
A great mining town with a long and turbulent history, Skagway is settled into the foot of this mountain region, nestled into the bay from which many have arrived. Lots of choices here. I chose to proceed to Haines and the Eagle Preserve.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Haines
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Wow! This quiet port city beacons. Only a few shops visible from the port, you're already in the center of town. It seems like it would be the place to stay. And if I don't move there, maybe a trip there for a week or so on the ground and day cruises to points of interest.

More Haines Reviews Haines Port Profile Haines Forum
Ketchikan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Walked the boardwalk here and really enjoyed a rare day in Ketchikan. This community gets over 160 inches of rain a year... it basically rains nearly every day. The day we arrived was the first time they had seen the sun in three weeks. It was our best weather day of the cruise with the locals out in shorts and T's taking advantage of the rare sunny and warm day in Ketchikan. We walked the boardwalk and beyond, spotting eagles roosting on rooftops (no, real ones, really... in spite of the decoys planted here and there.) A great place in Alaska!

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum