Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ChelCG's Port Reviews of Miami, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel

ChelCG's Port Reviews of Miami, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel
Miami

More Miami Reviews Miami Port Profile Miami Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Go to 7 mile beach! Had beautiful sand and water, we were mainly there and did some shopping.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
Very nice area; we went to the beach which was very nice with plenty to eat and drink there. We had drinks at Fat Tuesdays, hung out in the water and beach (cool place for water-proof camera), walked around at the shops. It was another very relaxing day.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: Not Rated
We did the cave tubing, it was amazing. It was about an hour bus ride there; our tour guys were great, get off bus, on another old school bus just to go up a hill, (bring bug spray) VERY FUN, but you do have to carry a tube (so for the lazy people who complain about the 25 min walk carrying a tube, this isn't for you). Awesome sights inside the caves! They have lockers there to rent, take water proof camera, they take pictures of you which we got along with some extras that were nice (around $30). When you get done there is a place to eat some snacks, and some wine samples.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Here we did the Tulum Mayan ruins over the Sea... it was the most beautiful place. I took most of the pictures on this day. It was high up on a mountain top, walk down a stair case to the most perfect beach. (Small area though). It was so hot all day but was worth it. Iguanas were everywhere and it was so neat to see (do not stay with the group after you enter). The tour guide wasn't understandable and he took up time. I felt rushed because we had to be back at 1:55 and there was so much to see so after a while of listening to him talking, we just walked off which many people did and I am glad we did so. We had authentic Mexican food on our way back waiting to board the bus which is good. DON'T WALK ALONE, all they do is try to sell you cigars and souvenirs. Some have animals on their backs, but don't take pictures of them or they will try to sell you the picture for 3 dollars. They take you to the shop before you get there that is safe to shop at (I would shop there and check out the Black Rocks) we got some cool things at that shop. Oh and when going to the ruins, DO NOT pull out a camcorder or camera until you are in on your own, they will charge you 5 dollars cash at the gate if you are going to record... (another way to make money). I had a smaller camera and a larger one (duh... all cameras can record) but I told them I was not going to record. I paid $100 to them already and got crap I would never buy shoved in my face, so I am not giving them 5 dollars for anything else. And last the bus on the way there was covered in mosquitoes! Take bug spray. Don't have a conversation with the people selling stuff, because as soon as you walk off the boat (ride there takes a while, ride up top inside, the bottom has no air, so it's very hot) til the time you board the infested bus, they try to sell you stuff throwing it in your face.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum