Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Sight2See's Port Reviews of Tahiti (Papeete), Huahine, Rarotonga, Bora Bora

Sight2See's Port Reviews of Tahiti (Papeete), Huahine, Rarotonga, Bora Bora
Destination: South Pacific
Member Review: Sight2See's Paul Gauguin Review
Tahiti (Papeete)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We spent our first night at the InterContinental Tahiti. I had read not to arrive at the ship before 3pm on departure day, so we had a late check out and had the whole next day to explore. We were planning on going to the market, by the InterContinental has an ambiance and we didn't want to leave. So we didn't. We wondered the grounds and the pools. Ate lunch and had some beers. The bill just for lunch was about $50 per person, and that was just a sandwich and 2 beers. I couldn't wait to get on the ship where I wouldn't have to pay for a beer! I knew I made the best decision on the value of what I was paying for on the Gauguin.

More Tahiti (Papeete) Reviews Tahiti (Papeete) Port Profile Tahiti (Papeete) Forum
Huahine
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Since this was a Sunday everything on the Island was closed. I had my diving class to we just went on for a little exploration. It is a really beautiful place, with the most amazing coral reef! Actually it was nice not to be thrown into anything super heavy on the first full day. But I would have liked to see some shops and what not.

More Huahine Reviews Huahine Port Profile Huahine Forum
Rarotonga
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Rarotonga is pretty great, you can walk for miles and miles. We went to the local market and picked up some fresh cut coconuts for drinking the milk. We walked around and shopped and just generally took it easy while we enjoyed the town. This island is allot more populated then Aitutaki and had a little more of a metropolitan feel, with the lush mountain backdrop.

More Rarotonga Reviews Rarotonga Port Profile Rarotonga Forum
Bora Bora
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
When we pulled into Bora Bora at Sunrise it was just like the postcard! A very lazy vibe first thing in the AM. We tendered over and found out there was a festival so the streets were packed with locals. We went to local shops and watched the dance competition at night. The tour we took here was a local Le Truck tour. We had a very informative local guide and navigated the whole island. Stopping at the very cool and famous Bloody Mary's, where we fittingly drank bloody marys. We also visited the private beach, which was nice and relaxing.

More Bora Bora Reviews Bora Bora Port Profile Bora Bora Forum
Moorea
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I thought Bora Bora was gorgeous, and let me tell you it's nothing compared to Moorea. This was hands down the most beautiful island. With jagged peaks all around, and lush green mountains it was so lovely. We hiked up to the top of the mountain with on board archaeologist Michael Poole. and we visited some ancient sites and saw much of the forest. We stopped at a tattoo artist well known on the island to get commemorative Polynesian tattoos, which he designed right there with a few ideas of what we wanted. They are gorgeous and a proud reminder of our time in Polynesia.

More Moorea Reviews Moorea Port Profile Moorea Forum