Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Agent555's Port Reviews of St. Maarten, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Martinique, St. Thomas, Nassau

Disney Magic cruise in December 2010
Member Name: Agent555
Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: Agent555's Disney Magic Review
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
St. Maarten is a great destination we took a bus tour that took us around the entire Island. Our driver originally from Houston definitely was worth the money. We went from the Dutch side to the French side you could see the difference between the two from the houses to the roads and laws. Once the bus ride was over we took a semi submarine and saw tons of fish. Would've loved to see more but that's all we had time for great port to explore and I will be going back!

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
Guadeloupe
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Guadeloupe is absolutely fantastic and french :) , the people are friendly and the country is beautiful. For this lovely island we took a tour to an old Creole plantation, waterfalls and a botanical garden. The falls were great I wish I had more time to actually explore it was a bit rushed. The group was a little big you couldn't hear what the guide was saying unless you were at the front of the group but there were plenty of signs to read that explained the story. If you love flowers this botanical garden is for you!! So many beautiful colors and I wish I could plant them at home!

More Guadeloupe Reviews Guadeloupe Port Profile Guadeloupe Forum
Barbados
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Barbados is a fun island, so much to see and do but so little time. I took an jeep tour (Island Safari) through Barbados (very good) they showed us the town and the country side and since we were in jeeps they took us off road it was great! They had a stop in the middle of the tour at a coffee/tea house where the locals set out little trinkets you could buy as souvenirs. A worthwhile tour if you want to see a lot of Barbados in a little bit of time.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
Martinique
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Again another french island if you could guess over half of the guests on the cruise were french. A beautiful island, lush and friendly people. We visited local gardens and shops and a magnificent church and a run distillery. La Savane is a group of trees lined up along an entire road they are so tall I had difficulties getting them in one picture. The rum distillery was interesting because I had never seen one before they also had a tasting at the end.

A Fantastic Island!

More Martinique Reviews Martinique Port Profile Martinique Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
St Thomas was by far my least favorite port because all they focused on was Duty Free Shopping everywhere. Once you got passed everyone trying to make you purchase everything and anything. Once you pass all the shops I find it to be a decent island. I went to an aquarium and saw sharks, sea lions, star fish and more. The also have a mini bird exhibit where you can purchase nectar to feed the birds and they will perch on your arm. That was awesome. After the aquarium I tested out another semi submarine the water was rougher which made it difficult to see anything but I sure on a calm day it would've been nice.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Well the port isn't Nassau but Disney's own private island Castaway Key. This island has everything you could possibly want! I love it so much I can't put it into words!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum