Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Coopersdad's Port Reviews of Hamburg, Stockholm, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Copenhagen

Queen Elizabeth cruise in July 2011
Member Name: Coopersdad
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Member Review: Coopersdad's Queen Elizabeth Review
Hamburg
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Rainy sunday morning. Everything was closed. In reality we were only there to pick of German passenger's. Pretty much a throwaway port on this day.

More Hamburg Reviews Hamburg Port Profile Hamburg Forum
Stockholm
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Stockholm was a very clean, pleasant, sterile city. very expensive and really didn't hold my interest for very long at all. I would rather have gone to another city that had more joie-de-vivre. But getting there is beautiful. You slowly pass through an archipelago of islands that has fantastic scenery and calm perfect waters.

More Stockholm Reviews Stockholm Port Profile Stockholm Forum
Tallinn
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Previous to this trip I knew nothing of the city of Tallinn. What a great surprise this beautiful little town was. It's friendly people and historically interesting sites made for a great day.

More Tallinn Reviews Tallinn Port Profile Tallinn Forum
St. Petersburg
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Wow, Russia..As a child of the cold war it boggled my mind that I would actually ever get to stand in front of the Hermitage. But here we were, and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Well except for the heat! I could go on and on about the beauty of the palaces and bore you to death with the details. I'll save that for my friends and family. All I will say is that I won't soon forget it all.

More St. Petersburg Reviews St. Petersburg Port Profile St. Petersburg Forum
Helsinki
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Nice place that Helsinky is, clean, modern, safe, a bit up-tight and very, very expensive. Where else will you get to eat Reindeer Sausage?

More Helsinki Reviews Helsinki Port Profile Helsinki Forum
Copenhagen
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Oh man, Copenhagen is a fantastic city, not too big,not too small, I recommend paying a visit to the area known as Cristainia,for a very "Amsterdam" like experience (if you get my drift) and walking around enjoying nature for an afternoon. Note, watch your wallet's.. I spotted a pick-pocket gang there,but hey, that can happen in any city on earth.

More Copenhagen Reviews Copenhagen Port Profile Copenhagen Forum
Hamburg
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Back to Hamburg to drop of the German passengers. This time it was during the week and the weather was perfect. Hamburg showed itself to be a great lively city that was well worth a second look.

More Hamburg Reviews Hamburg Port Profile Hamburg Forum