Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > melody23402's Port Reviews of Monaco, Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Taormina (Messina)

Carnival Magic cruise in July 2011
Member Name: melody23402
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: melody23402's Carnival Magic Review
Monaco
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The excursions were amazing. We hopped on an open tour bus for 17 euro pp to see Monaco, not much going on there and it was 2 days after a Royal Wedding so it was really beautiful. Short but sweet tour.

More Monaco Reviews Monaco Port Profile Monaco Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Rome... what can I say. The Colosseum was spectacular, the forum, The Piazza Venezia, the Spanish steps, Trevi fountain took my breath away. All was worth the 10 hours on my feet. Bring your coins to throw in the fountain. You can't fit the Vatican with the Basilica and everything else in the same day. You would need a 2nd day to see the Vatican.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Naples
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I will warn anyone who is going to climb Mt. Vesuvius to bring sneakers or hiking boots. I had no idea it would be so hard. I only had sandals with me so needless to say it was a little harder for me than others. My husband had sneakers on and said he would have preferred to have hiking boots on as well. It was amazing to do this excursion, you could see the steam coming out of the side of the volcano, the guides were so informative and the scenery breath taking. The cameo factory was a little disappointing but it was ok. Pompei... wow. Be prepared to sweat for it is very, very hot there. Well worth the sweat though. So much to see.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Taormina (Messina)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We saw the town of Taormina and the Greek Theater when we went to Sicily the town is beautiful and the Greek Theater is worth the trip.

More Taormina (Messina) Reviews Taormina (Messina) Port Profile Taormina (Messina) Forum