Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > agl77's Port Reviews of Naples, Le Havre, Barcelona, Florence (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia)

Norwegian Epic cruise in June 2011
Member Name: agl77
Cruise Date: June 2011
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: agl77's Norwegian Epic Review
Naples
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Booked a private tour with AMALFI COAST DESTINATION which took us to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento for a group of 17 pax. Price of EUR65 per person was a bargain compared to the excursions offered by the ship. The only negative aspect, however was that our local guide seemed interested in taking us to ceramic, inlaid wood and limoncello shops more than anything else. I understand that commission is involved but when it becomes this obvious I truly get frustrated. However, a big thank you to Roberto from this tour company who did a great job. I truly recommend him to anyone as he gave me a good price. Next time round I have to specify that we're not interested in lunches and shopping!

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Le Havre
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Beautiful Port of Call. Did not opt for the shuttle bus service which was offered at USD12 per person as I had read that the public bus reaches the terminal. I would have liked to catch the no. 50 Ho Ho bus but only managed to catch bus number 1 to downtown right from opposite the terminal exit. This only cost EUR1.25 per person for one way. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE HO HO BUS CAN ALSO BE CAUGHT FROM JUST OUTSIDE THE TERMINAL BUT SLIGHTLY LATER AS IN SUMMER THE FIRST BUS LEAVES ALMUDAINA PALACE AT 9.30am. Should reach the terminal by 9.45 or so.

More Le Havre Reviews Le Havre Port Profile Le Havre Forum