Member Reviews

Destination: Bermuda
Member Review: bots99's Celebrity Summit Review
Tortola
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was not my first time to Tortola, but I had never been to the Baths before. The hike down -and then up from the beach had intimidated me previously, but I realized it was now or never. The "Speedy" jet boat to Virgin Gorda was a fun, comfortable and easy ride, as was the jitney to the Baths. Our guide explained the lay of the land and set a time to be back and we were off. Judging I would be the slowest (old, fat, asthmatic, post-op knees), I let everyone go ahead. It wasn't so bad! I reveled in having made it - the boulders and caves were extraordinary. Took lots of pictures in the caves, swam for awhile, and left extra time for the trip back to the top. I took it slow and enjoyed watching the healthiest skinks playing in the rocks and made it back to the top with no problem. The return trip to the ship was pleasant and uneventful.

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum
Hamilton
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Actually Old Naval Dockyard in Bermuda. Took ship's tour "Bermuda Island Drive." Toured the whole island with many stops including Hamilton, St. Georges, the lighthouse, beach. Our guide was extremely well informed and made the drive both educational and amusing. After seeing the congested, narrow, curvy roads, I can see why renting a scooter and exploring on your own is not recommended by the cruise lines. Some places were downright dangerous. Besides, there is so much to see between the homes, churches, towns and breath-taking coasts that unless a pro is driving you'd miss lots.

More Hamilton Reviews Hamilton Port Profile Hamilton Forum