Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: SusanC67's Majesty of the Seas Review
Miami
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I am impressed with how well organized it was. Easy and fast to get on and off the ship, no problems at all. Would have been absolutely perfect if I hadn't fallen on the floor while waiting to see the Customs Officer. I tripped over my luggage and couldn't maintain my footing. A bit embarrassing but otherwise, I would say a perfect experience at this Port.

More Miami Reviews Miami Port Profile Miami Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
It was good to see Nassau again. The market place inside the yellow building has different things for sail, a lot of straw purses and hats/handbags for sail. Also, handmade jewelry, some of it no different than the kits one can purchase from the local craft store. Most of the stuff for sale seemed quite pricey.

On the main street, which I think is called Bay Street, seems like a lot of touristy stores, kinda cheap looking but it makes money for them I suppose.

My sister enjoyed the shopping. I personally don't care for shopping although I will say the tshirt factory or outlet, (forgot the name of it) seemed nicer on the inside than I expected. Most things priced similar to any other tourist type destination.

Bathrooms were a bit on the dirty side(in the yellow building where the vendors were set up). I suppose due to high volume of people using them maybe.

Most vendors were very polite and courteous.

My sister was accosted by two very forward young boys. Ended up buying a necklace for 2 dollars which is a great deal of course but I dislike pushy people and especially, pushy sales people. not a real big deal, since she was happy with the purchase.

The tour we took was nice, I got to see some familiar places again and was happy with that. Saw Atlantis resort briefly. I suppose they do that purposely, to give tourists a taste of what it might be like, to entice us all to come back and maybe stay there. It's quite expensive, 5 star resort. It's also quite beautiful, very well maintained and designed. The staff are extremely vigilant regarding where day tourists are allowed to go, which is quite limited.

Also went to Cococay Island, a private island owned by Royal Caribbean. The buffet lunch was delicious, better than I remembered the first time I was there. Ribs were so tasty, lots of healthy salads offered. It was as beautiful as I remembered. They have a lot of bars available, I guess that's one of their main money makers.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum