Member Reviews

Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: riffatsea's Carnival Spirit Review
La Paz
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was our first time in La Paz. There were buses at the port to take folks into town or to a beach. There was a mariachi band that played to greet us as we left the ship. I went on a wonderful Carnival sponsored excursion called the Kayak Adventure. We were taken in a small boat to a private deserted beach. Then we got into 1 or 2man kayaks. This was my first experience with a kayak so I asked to go with one of the guides. The bay was calm and fairly shallow. There were life jackets one could wear and we were given water/soda to drink. There was also a safety boat following us. It was a lovely experience!!! On the way back to the ship we saw whales breaching and sea lions playing! I highly recommend this trip! The only bad part of the day was the fact that the free buses to town stopped at 2:30 so if you came back later you had to take a taxi. My husband really liked La Paz!! He thought the architecture was beautiful and the shops were nice. We would really like to go back and spend more time there. It seems to have a nice combo of town/shops/and beach activities!!

More La Paz Reviews La Paz Port Profile La Paz Forum