Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > blueraider76's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria

blueraider76's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: blueraider76's Rhapsody of the Seas Review
Seattle
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Love Seattle. We didn't have time to do a whole lot on the day of the cruise, but we have been there before. Go to the Experience Music Project and SciFi museum by the Space Needle. I could spend hours in the guitar gallery. Also, Pike's Place Market is well worth exploring. Bring a warm rain jacket.

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Juneau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Juneau was a lot of fun. Our excursion was sea kayaking and everything went smoothly. The drive to and from the bay was beautiful, but actually being on the water was a blast. We went to the Red Dog Saloon for a quick bite, a bit touristy but a unique experience. Downtown was very busy with lots of tourist shops. I loved the town, but I don't feel like I really experienced it.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I still think about Skagway, I want to go back so bad. We did zip-lining and it was a great choice. The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The views of the mountains were breath taking. Later, we explored some of the town. It's small with several tourist shops, but if you explore enough you can find some very cool spots. The zip line guides told us about a great hiking trail that is easy to get to from downtown. You can climb up and step out on a rock overlooking the entire town. Snow melt streams from the mountain tops are rushing beneath bridges. This was when we really felt like we were in Alaska. We totally fell in love with it on that trail in Skagway. Be sure to try and spend as much time as you can here.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
A big city with a small town attitude. The people were so polite and friendly. The walk from the ship to downtown was beautiful with all the well maintained homes and gardens. Be sure to check out Chinatown and Tin Pan Alley. Also, there is a large museum there that is affordable and very fun. You'll learn a lot about the Pacific Northwest there. Here's a tip. Head north on Store St. past Chinatown. Look for a small sushi place on the right. By far the best sushi my wife and I ever had. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than what we can get far inland. Also, wear comfortable walking shoes.

Overall, the entire cruise was incredible. When I'm 80 years old, I'll still be thinking back to that amazing week with a smile.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum