Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > GreySkies's Port Reviews of Aruba, Cartagena (Colombia), Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera), Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas

Coral Princess cruise in December 2010
Member Name: GreySkies
Cruise Date: December 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Member Review: GreySkies's Coral Princess Review
Aruba
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Spent half a day in Aruba and did the Sail and Snorkel excursion. The weather wasn't cooperating fully, so we were unable to see the Antilles shipwreck. We did go to two spots for snorkeling. The first one had very little fish. The second one had some nice fish and was much shallower than the first location. Coral was also very dull in coloring. The crew of the excursion were friendly. Took my own snorkel and mask. Glad I did since their snorkels didn't have the flap to prevent much water from coming in. Used their fins.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum
Cartagena (Colombia)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Set up a private excursion for the roll call here. Saw just about everything in the city. Only thing we didn't see was the Palace of the Inquisition which I was later told wasn't worth it. Went to the church at the top of the hill (name escapes me) and got to go on a tour of it with our excursion guide. Going in and coming out had people trying to sell us goods. One man had a sloth and was asking for a dollar a picture with you holding it. I knew I would be doing that on the way out. Very sweet creature! Saw the fort and got a tour of that which was cool. (Ship's tours don't go through the tunnels.) Saw the center of town and the Gold Museum. Did plenty of other stuff that escapes my mind right now. Ended at an Emerald shop.

More Cartagena (Colombia) Reviews Cartagena (Colombia) Port Profile Cartagena (Colombia) Forum
Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Did an excursion that someone set up for the roll call. Went to a place with medicinal plants and a sugar cane press that we were allowed to try and use. Then went on a crocodile boat ride and saw lots of young crocs, turtles, monkeys, etc. Had lunch at a place right on a beach. Chicken appeared to be better than the fish that day based on comments. Went to the Aerial Tram and had a nice relaxing ride. Got to see bats hanging under a huge plant leaf at the Tram location. Stopped to get some souvenirs, then stopped for coffee. Final stop before being back at the ship was at the pharmacy. This excursion turned out much better than I thought it would.

More Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Reviews Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Port Profile Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera) Forum
Acapulco
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
I was planning for months to do the Dolphin Swim. Was told by the doctor I couldn't go.

Ended up doing a walking tour that went to the fort that is now a museum across the street from the dock. Museums bore me most of the time, and this one was no different. (Excursion here was chosen by my travelmate.) Went to a small hotel, sat in the courtyard, and had drinks and a rest. Proceeded through the zocalo and to a church. Had little kids trying to sell things to you in the zocalo which did not make me happy. Then it was on to a "Princess Guaranteed" store. Bought myself a shirt, but the nice man following me around the store was trying hard to get me to buy things that I liked the look of, but didn't need. Then it was back to the ship.

Is it any wonder I wasn't a happy camper with this port?

More Acapulco Reviews Acapulco Port Profile Acapulco Forum
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Did the "High Sierras Zip Line Adventure". Was very nervous since I hadn't seen anything about it. Had the time of my life! Would not hesitate to go again. Turns out this was run by Cabo Adventures. Pictures are expensive, but they do give you a bit of a price break if you buy a significant number or the CD.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum