Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > suzbook's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.), Tortola

Norwegian Jewel cruise in January 2011
Member Name: suzbook
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Member Review: suzbook's Norwegian Jewel Review
San Juan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
San Juan was just ok/ Very busy. We did take a $10.00 tour on an open bus that seats 10-12 people and the older gentleman we had was fantastic. He truly enjoyed his job and was great at it. Best bang for the buck! Don't purchase on ship. Had conch at a restaurant and we did enjoy that very much.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We enjoyed St. Thomas but again it was hard to go on a tour - seems all we seen was the back of another taxi! Disappointing.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Again busy.

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We enjoyed St. John but did some walking. Nothing major.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum
Tortola
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We took a open taxi for $15.00 and worth every penny. This island is less busy and though the roads are very winding, it was a magnificent view. We went to the top and back down. Got to go to a beach and have a rum punch 2-$5.00 and did some shopping. Great tour and again, we did not book this on the ship. When you walk off the ship they are lined up ready to take a group. Safe and wonderful!

More Tortola Reviews Tortola Port Profile Tortola Forum