Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > aussiecruzer's Port Reviews of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas

aussiecruzer's Port Reviews of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: aussiecruzer's Sapphire Princess Review
Puerto Vallarta
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We took the Princess tour "Hacienda, Mexican Folklore and city". First we were taken to a Hacienda where we were shown how Tequila is made and we were given shots of 6 types of Tequila to try!! Great fun. A Mexican lunch was included then there were some competitions - tequila drinking(which my husband won)and tortilla making (which I did not win), followed by a Mexican dancing show. All very enjoyable. The obligatory shopping stop followed...could have done without that. We were then driven to the Malecon where we had the option of a walking tour of the cathedral, or just walking along the Malecon ourselves, enjoying the sand sculptures and statues, which we did, before being dropped off back at the ship. A very enjoyable tour.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum
Mazatlan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I had arranged a private tour here with Mazatlan Frank's partner Renee, and there were 2 other couples apart from us. Frank was previously booked but we got to meet him in the morning. In fact the morning we arrived in Mazatlan there was a thick fog which prevented us from docking until about 8 am. It was quite eerie in fact - surrounded by thick fog, with the ship sounding its horn every few minutes. Then the fog lifted and we sailed into the harbour. Renee gave us a lovely day tour of Mazatlan- the scenic spots, lookouts, historical centre and then lunch at Tony's on the beach. My husband and I shared a huge Banana margarita there - yumm- no idea how one person is meant to drink that! None of us wanted to shop so we asked Renee if we could skip the shopping stop and he was quite happy to do that. Renee was very friendly an spoke excellent English and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour with him.

More Mazatlan Reviews Mazatlan Port Profile Mazatlan Forum
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Woke to an amazing view of Los Arcos from our balcony!! Cabo was a tender port, and I had not made any firm plans so we did not rush. Around 10am we just walked onto a tender ( no tickets needed) and headed into Cabo. Beautiful port, amazing rock formations. We bought a couple of souvenirs then my daughter and I took a water taxi ride with some others - $8 for a 40 minute tour. Plus $1 for the guy who convinced us to join the glass-bottom boat, and a tip. Quite a good deal I thought. My husband thought the boat looked dodgy and opted not to join us! We went first to Mendano Beach to drop off a couple of girls, then a very enjoyable tour of Lovers Beach, Divorce Beach, the Seal colony, and of course, Los Arcos. The views were just stunning..lots of great photos! The guide/driver was quite humourous and joked about giving us a free mexican massage when the boat went up and down. He stopped at one point and threw some food in the water and we were able to see lots of fish over the side and through the glass bottom of the boat. He returned us safely to shore to my husband's relief and we were back on board by 1 pm.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum