Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > chet63's Port Reviews of Amsterdam, Brugge (Bruges), Le Havre

chet63's Port Reviews of Amsterdam, Brugge (Bruges), Le Havre
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Member Review: chet63's Queen Victoria Review
Amsterdam
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Had an overnight stop so booked an excursion to a cheese factory in Vollendam (I think) which was a really good trip out and not as expensive as some excursions in the past with Cunard. Didn't get off at night to see the red light district (wife was not really interested !!) although loads of the blokes on board seemed to have gone somewhere, so may have missed one of the best known sights but at least I have something to see if I return.

As we were berthed in Amsterdam (near an opera or classical music centre) it was a 10 - 15 minute walk to the main square and train station where the canal cruises are centred. We chose to purchase a cruise at the tourist desk in the terminal and it really was cheaper than Cunard or the actual canal cruise company.

Never been to Amsterdam and this wet my appetite to return !!!

More Amsterdam Reviews Amsterdam Port Profile Amsterdam Forum
Brugge (Bruges)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Didn't get off this time but last time I was at Zeebrugge I went on a battle grounds / cemetery tour with my son and it was very interesting but very rushed. My wife went on courtesy bus and other than chocolate and coffee houses it wasn't very appealing to her and our daughter. Not the best port but not the worst either

More Brugge (Bruges) Reviews Brugge (Bruges) Port Profile Brugge (Bruges) Forum
Le Havre
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Went on a wine tasting tour and it was fantastic, with a snack etc and opportunity to buy some wine and cider to take home. Had a grumpy man on the excursion who always wanted to be in front of me, and seemed to be under my heels all the time but he couldn't spoil my day out. Price for excursion was excellent value. Some people went on the long excursion to Paris and came back shattered so not a good option for those who tire easy.

More Le Havre Reviews Le Havre Port Profile Le Havre Forum