Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SA_Traveller's Port Reviews of Catalina Island (California), Ensenada

SA_Traveller's Port Reviews of Catalina Island (California), Ensenada
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: SA_Traveller's Carnival Paradise Review
Catalina Island (California)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Catalina was our first port. I really enjoyed Catalina, but others did not. I think Catalina is great if you like nature or exploring a small town. Catalina is not so great if you like to drink and party. To each his own I suppose. The ship tenders in Catalina and you have to wait about a half hour in line to tender to shore (if you go during the post-breakfast rush). I would recommend waiting till late morning or after lunch, then going ashore for a couple of hours to beat the long tendering line

More Catalina Island (California) Reviews Catalina Island (California) Port Profile Catalina Island (California) Forum
Ensenada
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I was not impressed with this port of call at all. I had heard from other cruisers not to expect much from the town, so as long as you go in to it with low expectations, it's ok. I spent the day exploring downtown. You can get some cheap beers and a good meal. There are massage parlors and the typical street vendors. If I went back to Ensenada, I might consider just staying on the ship.

More Ensenada Reviews Ensenada Port Profile Ensenada Forum