Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > CSloan's Port Reviews of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas

CSloan's Port Reviews of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: CSloan's Sapphire Princess Review
Puerto Vallarta
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Puerto Vallarta was fun. We started with massages at the Krystal - two 70-minute massages for $95. The best massage ever! We walked on the beach to the Krystal, from the ship. A very easy walk.

After that, we took a taxi to the Malecon, where we wandered thru the shops, then found a nice spot on the beach for lunch. This is a good port for shopping, and no plans!

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum
Mazatlan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was a port we had been looking forward to for almost a year! It was weird, at first, though. When we got close to the port, the ship was totally shrouded in fog. I've never seen that before on a ship. So, the ship remained immobile, sounding the horn every few minutes, until the fog lifted so we could dock.

We did Salsa & Salsa - the original one!! It was so much fun. You learn to make margaritas, then 7 salsas, then you learn to dance the salsa. This really was a blast. We almost didn't get to do it because the ship canceled their tour. Luckily, we were able to arrange a couple of slots with the original Salsa & Salsa tour, via their website. That was what we really wanted anyway. We highly recommend this!!

More Mazatlan Reviews Mazatlan Port Profile Mazatlan Forum
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We really wanted to snorkel here - namely in the corridor (Las Caletas and Santa Maria). We knew the water would be cold, so we arranged a trip with Manta Scuba, so we could get wetsuits. There were divers on our boat as well. The first spot was great - but freezing - even with the wet suit. We saw a huge school of Rays below us. This was my friend's first time snorkeling.

When we got to the 2nd spot, the divers decided they wanted to go to the Lover's Beach area instead, so we did. I got back in the freezing water and saw a lot of fish. But, I don't really like snorkeling in this area - way too much boat traffic!! There were a number of snorkelers in just their swimsuits, and I was freezing in my wetsuit. They must have been from the midwest - LOL!

After snorkeling, we wandered around the tourist area, and stopped for chips & salsa and a beer.

I wouldn't snorkel at this port again this time of year.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum