Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Cruuuz Dawg's Port Reviews of Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Freedom of the Seas cruise in December 2010
Member Name: Cruuuz Dawg
Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: Cruuuz Dawg's Freedom of the Seas Review
Ocho Rios
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
OK, I know it is easy to pile on Ocho Rios. After all, we have the annoying cabbies and the shop owners who won't leave you be. Our goal was to do a quick shopping trip and get back on the ship. The weather was great, and all things considered it wasn't a bad time in port. We did find a good deal on Parazul purses for my wife's Christmas present.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Now onto my favorite port of the trip - Grand Cayman. We did an excursion to stingray city. It was pretty cool, worth doing if you have never done so. The only complaint was that they had about 12 boats all backed into this little sandbar. But we got lots of great pictures and a blast. After we walked around the port and did some shopping. As this was a tendering port and there were 5 ships in port, I was concerned about getting back on the ship, but they had plenty of tenders. All in all this was a great port day.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Cozumel is a fun port to shop and just walk around. Lots of good deals and a good place to buy knock off purses. Oh yeah, and Starbucks! We killed 4 hours and still felt like we missed some stuff.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Orlando (Port Canaveral)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This isn't a review of Orlando, but instead a review of Labadee (which is not listed). Let me say that our last visit to Labadee was in 2005 and I wasn't impressed. Well I am here to tell you times have changed! First of all, Labadee is now a docking port. No more tenders. Next, they have greatly expanded the beach areas, the places to get lunch and the market place area. And these expansive areas are tied together by a tram. Makes it quite easy to get around. Unfortunately for us the weather was crappy and we only stayed a bit - long enough to look around for a few minutes and get a Christmas ornament. But I will look forward to another chance to go to Labadee.

More Orlando (Port Canaveral) Reviews Orlando (Port Canaveral) Port Profile Orlando (Port Canaveral) Forum