Member Reviews

Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: EnglishEcho's Amsterdam Review
San Diego
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Nice place to visit before and after a cruise. Use the visitors center just across the street from the cruise terminal. Parking downtown is minimal so plan accordingly.

This review page will not allow me to review any other ports of call. La Paz was nice but it is a 25 minute drive to the town from the port and a 10 minute to the beaches to swim. You are advised NOT to swim at the beach at La Paz. There is plenty to see but we were there on a Sunday so a lot of places were closed. I would give it a 4+.

Loreto was our favorite port for this cruise. Clean and laid back. They had really good entertainment at the plaza near the church. I would rate it a 5.

Topobampo is not a village to visit for the usual tourist things. It is a working village. The port put on entertainment that was great. There was a band playing for hours and they were really, really good. I would rate the port a 5 for the entertainment they provided.

Mazatlan is a working port and has pollution but isn't too bad. I would rate it at 3+

Puerto Vallarta is always a great place to be. This is the first time that we noticed a heavy layer of smog over the city and surrounding area. Rated at a 5.

Cabo is over rated and over priced. Rated at a 4+.

More San Diego Reviews San Diego Port Profile San Diego Forum