Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SailAway1959's Port Reviews of Acapulco, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Manzanillo

SailAway1959's Port Reviews of Acapulco, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Manzanillo
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: SailAway1959's Carnival Spirit Review
Acapulco
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Took the city and shopping tour and the bus was comfortable with a well-versed tour guide. Acapulco is probably a great honeymoon port but it didn't hold a lot of glamor for me. However, there is this fun little cantina on the dock before getting back on the ship and it's not to be missed. Think of it as Senor Frog's with a kick.

More Acapulco Reviews Acapulco Port Profile Acapulco Forum
Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was a great stop. The shopping was fun without too much pushing but best of all was this great place with tables on the beach. We pulled up a couple of chairs with a calming view of the ocean and sat under big umbrellas nearly the whole day, chatting and eating local fare and of course enjoying a few of our favorite beverages. It was always a secret little dream of mine, to be able to sit on a pretty shoreline with good food and drink being brought to me by a pleasant personality. I got it all in spades.

More Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo Reviews Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo Port Profile Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo Forum
Manzanillo
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Manzanillo is a shipping port that is trying to become a vacation destination and it's not nearly "there" yet. I wish I could find something good to say about this port of call but I just cannot. We took a bus-driven city tour and the accommodations were comfortable enough. However, looking out the window I kept thinking (hoping) "they must be taking us through this nasty part to the best part later" and we just never made it. As much as I love Mexico, the people, the culture, the food... if I end up on a boat that stops in Manzanillo again, I will stay aboard ship instead.

More Manzanillo Reviews Manzanillo Port Profile Manzanillo Forum