Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > KCCAKID's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta

KCCAKID's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: KCCAKID's Mariner of the Seas Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
First Port of Cabo we decide to just walk the town. While the locals are working to make a living if you said no they would leave you alone. This was great.. This port is beautiful as the ship can be seen in the bay and the water was a beautiful clear Blue. We actually took one of the local glass bottom boats to see the Cabo Point. Actually a decent tour for the price. But I would not want to have been one of the snorkeling people in the water as the mass of boats with motors around seemed dangerous for the swimmers...

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Mazatlan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Went to Mazatlan the next day and took the Tequila and Leather Crafting Tour.

This small town where they made belts, shoes, and other Leather crafts was so clean. I think San Francisco needs some lessons. First stop was at the belt maker and when the bus heads back you have a custom belt ready to go. This is a little Gem of a Tour Stop if you like seeing local things verses tourist Traps. The Tequila stop was also good as we were able to see them cooking the agave plant and had a taste of it fresh out of the cooker. Sweet like softened Sugar Cane.. This factory Los Osuna was beautiful. They pour as much as you want. The price of the same Tequila is the same at the factory as at the port side Cart set up at the Port Exit. You cant buy this brand in my area wish I had purchase more. PS My Friends bought Machetes and brought them back to the ship. this was fun for Security on the return to the ship

More Mazatlan Reviews Mazatlan Port Profile Mazatlan Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Next Day was Puerto Vallarta. we just stayed and enjoyed the small shopping just off the ship and then drank beers and Margaritas at the set up on the way to the ship... They also made a lime Peanuts which were good.

I have been to this port in the past and they have some good Tours. The cooking tour, the Tequila Tour, the Zip Lines. All of them seem to take you for about an Hour bus ride to the Jalisco Area. Good tours but I was getting tired and the City is to me like any other big tourist city. But if you have not been there get out and see it. I have and you should also

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum